Wolfman Jack

l_adc8eee986cf47d0b945559797c08b83.jpg

Wolfman Jack - If you like the hard boogie blues, some good ol' rock 'n' roll and r&b then I suggest you check their music out. They have released two full-length albums. The New Sound of Wolfman Jack, (released in April of 2009) Gasser Madness, (released in March of 2008) and an EP titled The Wolfman Jack EP. Great music scene in Sweden, lucky Swedes.

Here’s a review of them for their album Gasser Madness

Welcome to the odd and most peculiar world of the fabulous Wolfman Jack from Sweden. The commanders of the young blues movement. People dance and sway when they hear the rolling thunder of this top door slammin' machine. Just like a bolt from the blue.

This three-piece set hitched a ride on the rock ’n’ roller coaster, and have at times been characterized as loud and bombastic, often embarking on long improvised jams which highlights the virtuosity of the individual musician. Powered by glowing valves, sideburns, electric guitars, flares and leather boots. These gentlemen creates musical madness and a virtual rite of passage for all mankind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

The brand new, all original full-length debut record Gasser Madness in stores today. Released the 20th of march by the legendary record label Garageland Records. Limited full-color fold out package. Ten original smashing hits divided over forty minutes of heavy-on rock ’n’ roll blues boogie madness. Available at almost every well hung dealer around the world.

Listen to some of their music at http://www.myspace.com/wolfmanjacksweden

First Time I Saw You

Wolfman Jam

wolfman.jpg

wolfmanjack.jpg

http://www.folkbladet.nu/?p=146388

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n...history_state0=

I made some minor edits as google translations aren't 100%

BLUESBOY. Guitarist Robert "Strings" Dahlqvist changing rock to blues when he plays with Umeå strap Wolfman Jack on Kulturnatta on Saturday.

After several years in the now defunct rock band Hellacopters and with a recently completed vårturné with new rock project Thunder Express in the back know Robert "Strings" Dahlqvist make it fun to try something new. Playing the blues he looks forward to.

- I have listened to a lot of blues since I was a teenager and like what Wolfman Jack is doing. There are not many Swedish bands that sound like them with that previously Fleetwood Mac sound, "says Dahlqvist.

His role on the stage on Saturday is not yet fully determined. In Thunder Express he is singer and guitarist but with Wolfman Jack, he looks forward to enter as an extra guitarist.

- We will of course scratch the part before and will see if we can find at any time, "says Dahlqvist.

Back to Umeå

That was when Dahlqvist acted as DJ at one of Wolfman Jack gigs in Umeå in the fall as he was asked if he wanted to visit the band on stage.

- I thought, why not, it will be great for this.

This summer festival gigs waiting with Thunder Express, including at Luleå celebration.

This, however, seems to be the only gig in Norrland during the summer, but Dahlqvist is keen to get back to Umeå soon.

- We would have played on Scharinska in the spring but it was not due to a double booking. But we like to play there, I was there with Stefan Sundström a few years ago and like the room.

He mentions the fall as an opportunity for new Umeå Visit.

- I hope, begin work on a new Thunder Express disc in the fall also, it depends on what options the others in the band has, but if I get that I want so be it, "says Dahlqvist.

Wolfman Jack and the string is one of five commemorative reservations for this year's Kulturnatta which is arranged on Saturday. The other commemorative acts are Sarek (local choirs), Alannah Myles, Night by night, and Wolf.

Av Niclas Holmlund

Published on May 20, 2009

I'm friends with those guys at myspace and of what I remember they sound pretty good. I haven't seen them live, though. Nice to see your appreciation for Swedish rock! I suppose the reason we have so many rockbands over here, is that many Swedes are very influenced by roots music and underground rock from America.

I was totally confused for a minute - I thought the thread was about the radio personality Wolfman Jack :slapface::lol:

Yeah, I kept coming across Wolfman Jack the radio personality through google although I've never heard of him prior.

I'm friends with those guys at myspace and of what I remember they sound pretty good. I haven't seen them live, though. Nice to see your appreciation for Swedish rock! I suppose the reason we have so many rockbands over here, is that many Swedes are very influenced by roots music and underground rock from America.

That’s how I ran into them through myspace, I listen to a lot of bands I would have never of known if it wasn't for myspace. Great way for discovering new music. Well, everyone wins with the music scene in Sweden, more good rock being produced. I'm hoping to see some of them when they go across the pond like Graveyard.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived