Funny Zepp stories/anecdotes

DianaC

Hello everyone!! ;)

Before reading the whole thing, if there's any thread about this, please point me in the right direction, if not, what I'd like you to share with me are short stories or anecdotes (preferably funny) about Led Zeppelin.

Why? Well, I'll be attempting to draw these stories like short comics... :D yep, it's kinda like a little project I have. I might not be quite an artist, but I think It'll be great to at least try it, besides, I haven't really find any Zepp comics, so I said "What the hell... I'm gonna make my own!!!" :banana: hehehe

So I'd like to know if there is someone willing to share tiny bits of info with me. Or, if you have seen any Zepp comic I'd like to check it out too!! Please share!! :D (No Eroica please, I've seen that one :P )

Thanks a lot!!! Byes!

:hippy:

*EDIT: The stories I need must involve the BAND MEMBERS as the "main characters"... hehehe (preferably Robert and Jimmy, but the others will be ok too) ;) Thanks!!

Well of course the Timeline is great for long stories of people's experience's of seeing Led Zeppelin. I don't know if I mentioned in there that during Bonzo's drum solo I tried to sneak around and change seats, even though I was close. I went out and tried to enter differant entrances that all had curtains and two guys guarding each one the size of Paul Bunyon. I will never know where they dug up these giants but it was enough to deter me from looking any more. Back to my seat I went to find the guy I went with smokin some hashish with two hotties. If only they knew he would come out of the closet years later. I never saw him again later in life but just got news of him through the grapevine. Never would have figured him for gay in a million years. Nothing against gays now. So don't take this the wrong way, just was shocked to learn this later as he always talked about girls and had playboy magazine's all over his room. I think he was in denial. But as for the concert, I wish I could turn back the clock 32 years and be there all over again.

Hello there!! Thanks a lot for sharing your story, but I guess I didn't make myself clear enough (sorry, english isn't my native language :P) The stories I need must involve the BAND MEMBERS as the "main characters"... hehehe (preferably Robert and Jimmy, but the others will be ok too) ;) Thanks again for sharing, I envy you so much for beeing able to actually see them live in all their glory :thumbsup:

Byes!!! :hippy:

There is a thread in the photos section 3rd page 16th item down that is posting covers for Led Zeppelin commics. ( Sorry I don't know how to copy them over to this thread. ) I never knew they exsisted until I saw the thread. Would love to read through them someday.

Personal Zeppelin anecdote.

8th grade science class. Joe Isherwood teacher. Pine Junior High School 1978.

Sooo bored! Class was 50 minutes long. Pass time by playing Dazed and Confused from the TSRTS in my head by memory twice. Amazed when I finish right when the bell rings right on the last note.

True story!

Yes, I realise I was off by like 4 minutes, but damn was I close!!

There is a thread in the photos section 3rd page 16th item down that is posting covers for Led Zeppelin commics. ( Sorry I don't know how to copy them over to this thread. ) I never knew they exsisted until I saw the thread. Would love to read through them someday.

I saw the thread, but there are no pictures there :huh: do you have any??

Personal Zeppelin anecdote.

8th grade science class. Joe Isherwood teacher. Pine Junior High School 1978.

Sooo bored! Class was 50 minutes long. Pass time by playing Dazed and Confused from the TSRTS in my head by memory twice. Amazed when I finish right when the bell rings right on the last note.

True story!

Yes, I realise I was off by like 4 minutes, but damn was I close!!

:slapface: I've never been able to play a whole song in my head... don't know why... I just repeat and repeat the same part that got "sticked" in my head... the chorus or sometimes just a phrase... and it gets so annoying!!! That's why I bought an mp3 player :rolleyes:

The stories I need must involve the BAND MEMBERS

Here's one I remember. Rather than trying to type it out from memory, I'll just copy and paste the example written on imdb.com:

In 1973 Elvis Presley met with Led Zeppelin members Robert Plant and John Paul Jones in Los Angeles. An idol to the members of Led Zeppelin, Elvis wanted to meet "who was outselling him" at concerts (Zeppelin was in the midst of a record-breaking tour that year). Plant was so awestruck at meeting his idol in person that he could barely speak to him. Jones, nearly as awestruck as Plant, made small talk with the "King," and mentioned what a beautiful watch Elvis wore. Elvis, always the generous one, instantly traded his $5,000 gold and diamond watch for Jones' $10 Mickey Mouse watch. This broke the ice with all of them, and they became fast friends. Throughout the early '70s, members of Led Zeppelin even attended a few of Elvis' concerts, and were granted the privilege of sitting in the front row by the King himself.

Here's one I remember. Rather than trying to type it out from memory, I'll just copy and paste the example written on imdb.com:

In 1973 Elvis Presley met with Led Zeppelin members Robert Plant and John Paul Jones in Los Angeles. An idol to the members of Led Zeppelin, Elvis wanted to meet "who was outselling him" at concerts (Zeppelin was in the midst of a record-breaking tour that year). Plant was so awestruck at meeting his idol in person that he could barely speak to him. Jones, nearly as awestruck as Plant, made small talk with the "King," and mentioned what a beautiful watch Elvis wore. Elvis, always the generous one, instantly traded his $5,000 gold and diamond watch for Jones' $10 Mickey Mouse watch. This broke the ice with all of them, and they became fast friends. Throughout the early '70s, members of Led Zeppelin even attended a few of Elvis' concerts, and were granted the privilege of sitting in the front row by the King himself.

Awesome story!! Can't image Plant's face looking at them (so jealous) !! :D hahaha I think I might try drawing this... (tho I'm not a big fan of Elvis)... THANK YOUUUU!!!!! :hurrah:

Have you read Richard Coles book? He has alot of LZ stories, although some of the antics may have been embelished for reading interest. I got a kick out of the chapter when they were riding around in Iceland in VWs and Bonham decided to see if they really floated. The advertisment claimed they were airtight. JPJ was in the car with him when he drove into a lake Well it wasnt and it began to take on water and RC and a roadie had to wade in and direct to car back to shore. I could only imagine the looks on their faces as they were bobbing around in that lake. At the time it might not have been so funny thinking they might have drowned but reading now it was pretty funny. Sometimes you wonder how they survived all the shinanigans they pulled.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived