Tea for one intro riff

Bluesyzep

I thought I'd give Tea For One a go recently. I'm sure about the tab but the tone sounds off. I've been using OD2 on my JCM 2000 with neck pickup. The crunchy party sounds close but suspect there might be another effect or setting that's throwing me off. Could it be Jonesy's base line? Just wondering how everyone else plays it? An overview of how you play the rest of the song would be helpful as well. Thanks.

This is toughf. The riff is sounding better but have been trying to figure out which of the 4 parts I'm supposed to play. I just watched the Page/Plant live version and discovered that Jimmy skips all the intricacies and plays the intro riff all the way to the slow part at 21 seconds.

It's kinda tricky. But simple in theory. Barre the A and D strings on the third fret. Then play the D and G strings open. Bada. Next comes the F suspended. Fret like a first position E chord one fret up, and apply and release the F on the G string 3rd fret. Just don't let the B string ring.

It's kinda tricky. But simple in theory. Barre the A and D strings on the third fret. Then play the D and G strings open. Bada. Next comes the F suspended. Fret like a first position E chord one fret up, and apply and release the F on the G string 3rd fret. Just don't let the B string ring.

Thanks Ev. Are you using the neck pickup and/or do you switch over to the bridge at the slow part? I'm noticing a lot of similarities to SIBLY where there are several pickup switches.

I don't believe I use the bridge pickup by itself at all in Tea For One. Neck and maybe middle at times, but the sound is pretty "necky" to my ears, unlike SIBLY which does have those shifts.

I haven't found a lot of info. on Tea For One lessons. Just have the tab book and my ear on this one basically. Thanks for your help. I seem to be on the right track so far. B)

Archived