Other Bands

TurnThePage24

Hello fellow Zeppelin fans! I was just wondering what other bands everyone is into. Aside from Zep, I'm into Black Sabbath, Metallica, and Steve Vai. How about you?

How's it going "TurnThePage24?" I hope all is well with you. To be truthful with you, my list is so long that I would not even know where to begin. ROCK ON!

Pink Floyd, Ramones, The Who, Queen, Black Sabbath, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, David Bowie, T. Rex, The Clash, The Velvet Underground, David Gilmour, AC/DC, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, Deep Purple, The Kinks, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Patti Smith, Metallica, Cream, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, Joni Mitchell, The Yardbirds, Iggy Pop, Simon & Garfunkel, Roy Harper, Fleetwood Mac, Rush and many more! ;)

Dylan, Guy Clark, R.E.M., David Lindley, Kasey Chambers, Peter Tosh, Tinariwen, Patsy Cline, Howlin' Wolf, Drive-By Truckers, 10,000 Maniacs, the Gourds, Pearl Jam, Leon Russell, Whiskeytown, the Fiery Furnaces, Waylon Jennings, Jimmy Buffett, Joni Mitchell, John Prine, Grateful Dead, Lynyrd Skynyrd (the original), Little Feat, the Allman Brothers Band, just to name a few.

I love Kasey Chambers & John Prine too-would LOVE to see him live!

I also love (not in any order): The Beatles, Harry Nilsson, Peter Gabriel, Dead Can Dance/Brendan Perry,Crowded House, Kansas, John Trudell, Grace Potter, Rickie Lee Jones, Adam Lambert, John Hiatt, Sonny Landreth, Bobby Darin, Dave Matthews, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Nanci Griffith, India Arie, Lizz Wright, Al Jarreau, Bill Withers, Stevie Wonder, Etta James, Grandpa Elliott...I know I'm forgetting someone important! Mahler too.

Or Mahler 2, too. :stereo:

I like most anything in the classic rock genre: The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Electric Light Orchestra, David Bowie, The Yardbirds, Jeff Beck, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, AC/DC, Queen, U2, and more that I can't think of right now. (Sorry, but I don't like the Rolling Stones.)

I also like The White Stripes (and The Raconteurs and Dead Weather) and Arcade Fire.

:)

I thought I was the only person on the planet, or at least the only "rock" fan on the planet, who wasn't a Stones fan! I like the sound of the band, I just have never liked Mick's vocals. Conversely, I like Michael Hutchence's vocals a lot, but I don't really like INXS style/songs. When one of their songs comes on the radio, I tend to listen for a while, because I like his voice, but then change to another station before it's over. So sad what happened to him.

Beatles, Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, Stones, Strawberry Alarm Clock, Procol Harum, Jimi Hendrix, Kalidescope (Both British and American bands), Guns N'Roses, Motley Crue, Bob Dylan, The Doors, Marrianne Faithfull, Yoko Ono, Velvet Underground, Poison, Kinks, Czar, The Firm, Tuesday's Children, T Rex, Bobby Darin, Elvis, Fats Domino, Pretty Things, Tiffany, Cream, Kinks, Roy Harper, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Byrds, Jefferson Airplane, Enigima, Charletans, Electric Prunes, The Yardbirds and Frank Sinatra are some of what I like

Hey, another Darin fan! I posted a thread about him but didn't get any replies.

So many people don't know his music, except for Mack, Splish Splash, Beyond the Sea and maybe Dream Lover. I suppose it's like the folks who don't know the name Robert Plant until you add "he sang with Led Zeppelin". Or the folks who only know "Stairway" (and maybe WLL/Kashmir) when you mention Led Zeppelin. Actually, today I met with someone who does guided imagery-one of my assignments was to bring a piece of music that relaxes me. I brought RP's Dreamland & played Song to the Siren. When it was done, this woman said "wow" (and that it was beautiful), and asked me who it was. When I said "Robert Plant", she asked if he was local (I'm in Minnesota/US)! I've never heard that one before! I mentioned LZ, but I'm not sure if she knew who they were either.

Anyway, back to Darin-what are your favorite songs of his? I love the later stuff-esp folk/rock songs he wrote. He accomplished a staggering amount in his short life!

I'd like to get more familiar with 60's music. Whenever the Time Life "Flower Power" infomercial came on I watched it, and liked most of the songs. But I don't know if I'd like whole albums by those artists. I want to check out the Animals-I saw them on one of those PBS specials a while ago (with a bunch of bands playing 1 or 2 of their hits from back in the day) and was very impressed with Eric Burdon. The guy still has pipes and did some exciting improvisation. The guy from the Zombies, however, didn't sound like he did on the original tracks-it was pretty scary.

Archived