No Quarter Tutorial

Was wondering if anyone has found lesson/tutorial on how to play No Quarter(on the keyboard of course). Id really appreciate a link....

Thanks

I used to could do it but, I've not touched a keyboard in many years, the last one I was using on a regular bases was a brand new Yamaha DX7 :blush: so, I don't know about now.

I looked it up on YouTube. So far, they only had people performing it on the piano, no lessons. At least two performances showed that it starts with a D-minor chord, (LH) (not root position.) The triad was low D, low A and middle D. The melody hand started on the F note, it seems. Sorry I didn't find any lessons or tutorials. :(

• 10 years later...

As far as I can see there are no tutorials on it. But in the intro, Lt hand is C# octave on the first count. Rt is melodically downward E  D# G# upward B C# then downward E D# G# upward C# F# G#. I did find videos on Youtube that explains it way better than me. Look up No Quater Kate, it has parts 1 and 2. Hope this gets you started right.

• 1 year later...

No Quarter was actually recorded in D, but the tape machine was slowed down to make it C# (Jimmy Page Interview). In live (1937 MSG, 1975 London, 1975 Earl's Court, 1977 Seattle, and on TSRTS, etc.), they played it in D, as you can confirm on YouTube videos. You could still decide to learn it in C#, but knowing what they actually did in the studio and on the stages, I would personally learn it in D.

Edited by not a quarter