The reaction......

BonzoLikeDrumer

So, I watched the Promo videos from the early day's of Led Zeppelin and was wondering how the guy's in the band first reacted when Peter first past the word to them that they would be lip syncing to this song "Communication Breakdown".

Being a musician, I know how I would feel and I would do some protesting about having to be a faker.

Perhaps the conversation went like this but, this is just my speculation as I was not there and do not know what the boy's first thoughts where.

What do you all think?

Peter Grant: "I just got off the phone and they are telling me that we can not play for real when we do the TV Promo for, "Communication Breakdown".

Jimmy Page: Oh no not again!

Robert Plant: Oh Booger!

John Paul Jones: This is the perfect time for me to try out my new Bass playing style!

John Bonham thinking to himself: How can I make this work?

Peter Grant to Jimmy Page: The studio will not be equipped for live playing.

Jimmy Page to Peter Grant: Well, can't we bring what we need to do the gig right?

Robert Plant pointing to Jimmy Page: Yeah what Jimmy said!

Peter Grant back to the guy's: I've tried telling them that but....

John Paul Jones: The new Bass style may work well with lip syncing, but I don't like the idea of being a fake to much.

Jimmy Page to Peter Grant: They think we are to loud don't they.

Peter Grant back to Jimmy Page: Yes that is how they see it I'm afraid.

Robert Plant throwing his hand's up: Oh great, now we can't be ourselves on stage.

Jimmy Page back to Peter Grant: What if we turn thing's down a bit?

John Bonham walking up to Jimmy page giving him a bit of a look: Jimmy, are you forgetting something?

Jimmy Page to John Bonham: Oh yes, of course, I forgot about the "Beast", sorry mate.

Peter Grant to the guy's: So, it's settled then.

Jimmy Page thinking to himself: I'll have to make it look as good as I can with out looking to silly.

Robert Plant thinking to himself: I'll just make faces and stick it to the man!

John Bonham laughing out loud: I know, I'll play to the track and try not to bust out laughing. No one will ever know that I'm playing the ride when you can only hear the hi hat's in the audio.

John Paul Jones: Well I could call it "The Silent Bass Technical Style", Oh man what a fine mess....

Peter Grant thinking to himself: I hope this doesn't become a fad! These boy's are really better than that!

:)B):D

"And since you won't actually be playing, we'll let Bonzo bring his second bass drum!"

I was watching this thing on The Doors last night, they're doing this lip-sync song, and it's too funny, Densmore isn't even TRYING to appear to be playing, he's barely moving his hands

"And since you won't actually be playing, we'll let Bonzo bring his second bass drum!"

I was watching this thing on The Doors last night, they're doing this lip-sync song, and it's too funny, Densmore isn't even TRYING to appear to be playing, he's barely moving his hands

Yeah, I'm sorry I just couldn't help myself, all of the old lip sync reel's are funny! :D

Well, thank God Zeppelin only had to do that one. I think. Not counting the TSRTS Shepperton stuff. But, yeah always funny. Like on American Bandstand when the song would fade out, and the singer is left standing there looking stupid

The Song Remains the Same was overdubbed with some extra guitars and maybe even rerecording much of the other tracks too, again, I was not there so I don't know for sure. But they where actually playing during that shoot. B)

At least they could have faded the video out too so they don't look to silly at the end! Ha Ha. :slapface:

Archived