Page Speaks to Mick Wall

mstork

I just finished the book. Wow. It was not really what I expected. There were only a few things I wasn't aware of but it was good if it only for that. I'm surprised that the tone was actually as nasty as it was. If Bonham got the brunt of Hammer Of The Gods, Page surely got it in this one. That's one friendship that can't be repaired. Well, I guess you guys were right. Still I'd recommend it to Zep fans.

I have Mick Wall's book, I think it's ok, at least it was not written in a sensentionalist way. The things troubled me in the book are the "second person" POVs(I mean, it is a bit like badly written fanfics) and the generally very gloomy and negative tone, not only about Jimmy's solo career but during the Zeppelin days too. Where are the glorious days and the fun they had?

But there are also some interesting information bits in that book, but I guess I'll let you to find them by yourself. ;)

I agree with your view on the second hand POV's. That was the worst & most annoying aspect of the book. Stick with the facts Mick, not the creatively worded conversations in your head.

I was also surprised he really didn't go into Plant's solo late 80's/early 90's career in the book, but went into great length about what Page was not doing at that same time. He missed an oppurtunity to connect the dots further on his reasons why Plant was resistant to Zep reunions. He touched some ground on it but I would have liked more.

It is a strange book compared to the other bios on the band. Ive just finished it but I'm re-reading it again. I must say it is compelling. And now I finally understand why some of the more stupid topics have been started on this board :D . Info gotten strictly from this book and not from any other sources.

Archived