New Page Clapton Supergroup? I doubt it.

mstork

It's amazing to me what the internet has done to the process of gathering news. A Google News search of "Jimmy Page" today is showing a bunch of stories claiming that Kevin Shriley has spilled the beans on a new supergroup he'll be recording with Page, Clapton, and the Aerosmith guys. It apparently originated from the Lemon Squeezings blog, which is a great source of Zep news in my opinion.

However, if you actually go to the source and read Shirley's diary entry, it makes no such claim. It just states that he'll be working with a guitar legend in December, then goes on to list other guitarists he's recorded. Then it separately mentions a "supergroup" in January:

There are some really cool things coming up - in December I get to record one of guitars great legends! And I've recorded Jimmy Page, Joe Perry, Eric Clapton, John Petrucci, Joe Bonamassa, Brad Whitford, Neal Schon, Maiden's Three Amigos amongst many others, and I am really excited! Then I am remixing one of Classic Rock's seriously classic albums and January I'm producing what has the promise to be one of the most exciting "supergroups" to come around in a long time. But theory is just that until we see how the dynamics play out in the studio between these superb musicians. And of course the songs will make the real difference.

Perhaps one can glean that he might be doing something with Page soon. But as usual the internet blog world has pumped up the story beyond recognition!

Kevin Shirley's Diary

It's amazing to me what the internet has done to the process of gathering news. A Google News search of "Jimmy Page" today is showing a bunch of stories claiming that Kevin Shriley has spilled the beans on a new supergroup he'll be recording with Page, Clapton, and the Aerosmith guys. It apparently originated from the Lemon Squeezings blog, which is a great source of Zep news in my opinion.

However, if you actually go to the source and read Shirley's diary entry, it makes no such claim. It just states that he'll be working with a guitar legend in December, then goes on to list other guitarists he's recorded. Then it separately mentions a "supergroup" in January:

Perhaps one can glean that he might be doing something with Page soon. But as usual the internet blog world has pumped up the story beyond recognition!

Kevin Shirley's Diary

Hey, I posted this earlier in the News thread.

Thanks, R:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived