2010 election cycle

Starbreaker

Hmm..

judging by Americans' notoriously short memories, I'd say the Republicans will win back alot of seats..unless Bin Laden is killed, the economy suddenly booms or the unemployment rate falls back below 5%.

Obama promised the world..and we've seen little so far. That was the gamble he took and will most likely cost the slack-jawed Democrats their precious seats.

But it's ok, the Republicans don't have any solutions either. Remember, they're conservatives, not Republicans..ie..(socially conservative, fiscally liberal.)

= More debates about stupid abortion/gay marriage crap and spend..spend..spend.

Good points. However, I still think that after this election cycle that the Democrats will still be in control of both houses of Congress, but won't have majorities in either as big as they have now. I'm not so sure about the long-term health of the GOP though. The far-right is steering the party the complete opposite direction of where they need to be, which has created a schism between the far-right and the moderates. If the GOP doesn't take the middle ground, then they are not going to regain the majorities in Congress that they had in the 1990's and earlier this decade. We could very well see the formation of a third party if the far-right alienates all the moderates within the party.

Archived