Home-Made "Mandolin"

zepps_apprentice

okay so i was listening to The Battle of Evermore today and I really wanted a mandolin. but i dont have the money right now so i had to improvise. so i got a pencil and a rubber band to make a home-made capo (im not gonna explain how to do this but if you want to look it up) ot you could get your own real capo. now get an ACOUSTIC guitar and put the capo on the 12th frett. and tune like the following:

high e stays the same

B string turns into an "A"

G string turns into a "D"

D string turns into a "G"

and play anywhere from the 13th frett on! there you go a mandolin until i can afford one haha. oh 1 more thing you might want to tune before putting capo on.

heres a pic of my finished work :D

0202001613.jpg

Nice work! Who needs a "real" mandolin.

Actually I just replaced the high e on my acoustic today, so it works out perfectly. I might even try making an electric one.

All I have to do now is find that darn capo...

Great minds think alike! :D

I've been doing the same thing with one of my acoustic guitars until I save up enough money for a mandolin. I've been "mandolinizing" my Kramer Ferrington, which has a nice cutaway, which makes the higher frets easier to play with. B)

Great minds think alike! biggrin.gif

I've been doing the same thing with one of my acoustic guitars until I save up enough money for a mandolin. I've been "mandolinizing" my Kramer Ferrington, which has a nice cutaway, which makes the higher frets easier to play with. cool.gif

haha thats funny im surprised that someone else thought of that

Archived