The "Starship" or the "Riot House"...

lzzoso

Most of us know Led Zeppelin's "History" (and to ME and most of You) that covers ALOT of ground. The Best Musicians, Timeless Music, Record-Breaking Albums and Tours, Complete Adulation among Contemporaries and Fans alike. Etc, Etc, Etc...

My question and topic is this (hypothetically, of course) would you have liked to meet and "party" with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, John Bonham, Peter Grant and Richard Cole on the "Starship" or at the "Riot House"?

These were and are two of the Most known places that Led Zeppelin liked to have a GOOD time. Of course, there are many others (including the Edgewater Inn Hotel in Seattle, Washington and the French Quarter in New Orleans).

For those of you who may "dismiss" this hypothetical question, I am fine with that. However, I am sure there are hundreds of fans who would like to (make believe) that they could "Party" with Led Zeppelin at any or more of these locations and situations. Remember, most of these topics and posts are half "make believe" anyway.

By the way, I think I would prefer to meet up with Led Zeppelin and "party" with them in the "Starship" on our way to the "Riot House".

It's funny you mention this. I happen to have recently been in touch with the stewardess who worked on the "Starship". I've had a few conversations with her and plan on interviewing her in depth at a later date. (There's a thread devoted to this topic somewhere on this forum).

She's still in touch with her fellow stewardess too.

She didn't divulge much that isn't known publicly nor would I repeat any of those accounts here if they were provided,of course.

However,she did say that she and her former coworker plan on eventually writing a book about her days as a stewardess on the Starship. Not focusing on LZ mind you. She was employed by the company that owned the jet and her employment spanned 5 years and included many more artists than Led Zeppelin.

To answer your rhetorical question;I think most of us on here would love to party with the band on their plane. Despite never drinking or taking drugs,I'm certain I would have enjoyed witnessing the shenanigans firsthand.

I think one of the facets of the band that is often overlooked was their humor and I would love to be caught up within the camaraderie that I'm certain took place on the plane during the tours.

It's funny you mention this. I happen to have recently been in touch with the stewardess who worked on the "Starship". I've had a few conversations with her and plan on interviewing her in depth at a later date. (There's a thread devoted to this topic somewhere on this forum).

She's still in touch with her fellow stewardess too.

She didn't divulge much that isn't known publicly nor would I repeat any of those accounts here if they were provided,of course.

However,she did say that she and her former coworker plan on eventually writing a book about her days as a stewardess on the Starship. Not focusing on LZ mind you. She was employed by the company that owned the jet and her employment spanned 5 years and included many more artists than Led Zeppelin.

To answer your rhetorical question;I think most of us on here would love to party with the band on their plane. Despite never drinking or taking drugs,I'm certain I would have enjoyed witnessing the shenanigans firsthand.

I think one of the facets of the band that is often overlooked was their humor and I would love to be caught up within the camaraderie that I'm certain took place on the plane during the tours.

You beat me to the post! :P I was looking for your thread on that interview. It was interesting reading. Found it.

Archived