Robert and Girl From The North Country...

I had a CD a while back that had an absolutely gorgeous version of Robert singing Bob Dylan's Girl From The North Country. It was a Fairport Convention show if memory serves and Robert was a "guest" at the gig.

Does anybody know of this or better yet... have it? I wanna say it was in the early 1990's but I could be way off on that.

I had a CD a while back that had an absolutely gorgeous version of Robert singing Bob Dylan's Girl From The North Country. It was a Fairport Convention show if memory serves and Robert was a "guest" at the gig.

Does anybody know of this or better yet... have it? I wanna say it was in the early 1990's but I could be way off on that.

Hello Dr Death!

is what you are referring to. Beautiful :thumbsup:

Robert Plant Singing 'Girl From The North Country', Fairport Convention

Thanks to both of you for the videos. Neither of those are the one I had. He's introduced by a female and he's in a very low-key mood... but the song is just priceless. That CD has been lost and I am really searching for this song. It's one of those songs you would want if you were stranded on a deserted island somewhere.

Thanks again!

Thanks to both of you for the videos. Neither of those are the one I had. He's introduced by a female and he's in a very low-key mood... but the song is just priceless. That CD has been lost and I am really searching for this song. It's one of those songs you would want if you were stranded on a deserted island somewhere.

Thanks again!

In the early 90s, he played it on 3 occasions that I have records of

11 August 1992 » Banbury, Oxfordshire, England @ Mill Theatre

14 August 1992 » Cropredy, Oxfordshire, England @ Cropredy Festival Field

14 August 1993 » Cropredy, Oxfordshire, England @ Cropredy Festival Field

and then he picked it up again when playing with the Priory of Brion & Sweet Sensation (1999-2005)

i hvae it.......was on sometype of fairport convention anniversary or something.........double cd..........when i have access to my stuff again i'll find a way to get you a copywink.gif

try and remind me in a couple months if you don't get it by then.........i should have my stuff back {hopefully}

ooooooooooh...........i had taken a pic

this the one?

No, that's an official release, the one I had was from a boot. DasedJeffy nailed the date though, it has to be the 11 August show because I remember it being a small theatre and the Mill Theatre sounds right.

I did go to Amazon and give a listen to the one you posted a photo of and it is certainly in that vein. So I'm positive it was 11 Aug. 1992. Thanks to both you and DazedJeffy, I sincerely appreciate your time involved in this. At least now I have the date/venue.

The 25th Anniversary CD set is from 1993.

Here's a picture from the performance in question from August 11, 1992.

rp1992081101.jpg

Plant is with Maartin Allcock (who played mandolin on the studio track "If I Were A Carpenter" from the 1993 Fate Of Nations album).

never heard that one..........what boot is it on?

I have no idea... I got it from a source... PM me for details if you wish... it was a compilation of Robert and of the 15 or so tracks this one just stood out big time. And that's actually saying something considering it was Robert, ya know?

1992 is the year though, thanks again to DazedJeffy. I didn't realize he had played this so many times w/ FC and others... I figured what I had/was looking for was a one-off that more people would know about.

Archived