Original Rolling Stone album reviews, where to find?

LPDlx1970

I know Rolling Stone's original album reviews of all (or almost all) of Zep's albums were pretty brutal. I'd like to read all of them but Rolling Stone doesn't have them online, it's just a list of the albums with star ratings. And it's clear that today's star rating is not the same as in the original publication. Is there a credible online source for the originals?

Thanks,

LPDLx1970

I know Rolling Stone's original album reviews of all (or almost all) of Zep's albums were pretty brutal. I'd like to read all of them but Rolling Stone doesn't have them online, it's just a list of the albums with star ratings. And it's clear that today's star rating is not the same as in the original publication. Is there a credible online source for the originals?

Thanks,

LPDLx1970

I think I can post several once I locate the scans. There's one or two other archivists on this forum that may do the same. Some time ago Rolling Stone magazine made every issue available as a digitized boxed set but it is very expensive and I've yet to buy it as to me the magazine lost it's relevance nearly 20 years ago.

I think I can post several once I locate the scans. There's one or two other archivists on this forum that may do the same. Some time ago Rolling Stone magazine made every issue available as a digitized boxed set but it is very expensive and I've yet to buy it as to me the magazine lost it's relevance nearly 20 years ago.

TIA! Look forward to finally finding some of these...

Hey

SteveAJones

I just grabbed a RollingStone.com "premium" membership for a month. I've already found the first couple reviews and made PrtScns of them. Will keep going so there's no point in you spending time on your end. Like I said earlier, thanks for your offer of help. ttyl...

LPDlx1970

It's funny to go back and read what they thought about Zeppelin at first and how they just didn't get what the band was/is all about. 40 years later they come out with a cover story that reads "Led Zeppelin: The Heaviest Band of All-Time." What a bunch of hypocrites. Oh well.....jump on the bandwagon. We'd love to have you. Welcome to Earth and to loving the greatest band ever.

Archived