Incredibly Bad Taste

sweetredwine

What Incredibly Bad Taste ... on an ITALIAN web site ...

Positano, americana annega in mare per salvare il figlio. Doveva andare in campagna

Can you believe this poor woman lost her life and they put in such an awful picture of her! Here's her story in English:

American Mother Drowns in Italy Saving Her Son from Freak Wave

Although none of the comments mention it, one has to wonder who or what would induce them to attempt such a risky adventure at 1:00 a.m. in the morning. :unsure:

God bless her and her family. RIP.

Hard to believe a wave would get that big in the Mediterranean. huh.gif

I've seen one rouge wave in my lifetime and it was scary stuff. I was on the west coast of Vancouver Island in the early 70's when it came in everyone on the beach thought that there must have been an earthquake and it was a tidal wave. It hit the beach with such a force that it echoed. Luckily, nobody was swept out but it was a sight that taught me not to take anything about the ocean for granted.

Hard to believe a wave would get that big in the Mediterranean. :huh:

I've seen one rouge wave in my lifetime and it was scary stuff. I was on the west coast of Vancouver Island in the early 70's when it came in everyone on the beach thought that there must have been an earthquake and it was a tidal wave. It hit the beach with such a force that it echoed. Luckily, nobody was swept out but it was a sight that taught me not to take anything about the ocean for granted.

In this video

http://www.youreporter.it/video_Tragedia_a_Positano_onda_uccide_Sherrye_Duncam_1

it's apparent that the "locals" understood the wickedness of those waves but nowadays it's not perceived "polite" to tell someone not to do something. When I first visited Positano about twenty years ago the locals were much more "intrusive" and would have strongly advised anyone against taking such a risk, but I guess times have changed and everybody is much more "laid back" nowadays.

I guess I've been lucky in California as I like to fish off the rock walls mainly in Monterey, Bodega Bay and Half Moon Bay. The waves come in but never anything huge like that unless there's a big Pacific storm. :o

Archived