New Zep Fan saying hi!

noodle

Hello fellow Led Zeppelin fans,

I am pretty new to the forum and although I've spent some time poking around, I get the feeling that I have just skimmed the surface in terms of the wonderful community of LZ fans here. I'm awed and humbled by your knowledge and love for the band (and that's saying quite a bit as almost anyone who has spent any time with me in the past 3 months since I first saw TSRTS knows how big of a fan of LZ I've become). I'm looking forward to learning lots from all of you: about LZ, about music, about anything! Although there is an incredible amount of information on the internet on Zep, nothing beats the wealth of knowledge and first-hand experience from the forum members!

A little bit about me: I'm in my twenties and live in New York City. I've always been a big fan of music, and was naturally aware of the most popular and iconic LZ songs, but becoming a Zep fan seemed like such an undertaking, and to be honest their catalog was a little intimidating. I actually was going to buy some Dream Theater and when I went to iTunes, I noticed a Led Zeppelin medley DT did with Achilles Last Stand. I was embarrassed to not know a LZ song that was apparently good enough to be covered by another band (little did I know!) so I bought Mothership. Consequently, I DVRed TSRTS when it aired on VH1 Classics. Fifteen minutes of watching LZ was all it took; Jimmy Page in particular was incredible. The following weeks my credit card bill went like this: The Complete LZ, Jimmy Page Book, used Epiphone Les Paul + mini amp (credit card still recovering). I figured if I could play Rock Band, I could try the real thing. I'm pretty terrible so far; I'll have some questions for the musician's corner shortly!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you. And to have some people to talk to about LZ because my friends are pretty sick of hearing me turn everyday occurrences into random, obscure LZ related references... :).

- noodle

Hi noodle! Welcome to the forum! :D

I'm pretty new myself here...I joined in June and I am just hooked! Its pretty much the best addiction I've had in my life! And I know you are loving it here too! :D

I'm 22 years old, btw and I'm from Auckland. I got into Led Zep at the age of 12 when I heard "Black Dog"...my dad actually put on Led Zep IV to cheer me up because I was on my way to the dentist and I was scared of having my teeth practically scanned for fillings! Yikes! So, anyway, after hearing "Black Dog" for the first time, there was no turning back and I thought that the car stereo was perhaphs one of the most divine objects on the planet! ;)

Thanks! I love how their music continues to find new fans all over the world!

Hi noodle! Welcome to the forum! :D

I'm pretty new myself here...I joined in June and I am just hooked! Its pretty much the best addiction I've had in my life! And I know you are loving it here too! :D

I'm 22 years old, btw and I'm from Auckland. I got into Led Zep at the age of 12 when I heard "Black Dog"...my dad actually put on Led Zep IV to cheer me up because I was on my way to the dentist and I was scared of having my teeth practically scanned for fillings! Yikes! So, anyway, after hearing "Black Dog" for the first time, there was no turning back and I thought that the car stereo was perhaphs one of the most divine objects on the planet! ;)

Archived