Humble Pie vs Led Zeppelin

McSeven

If anyone Loves Zep. Humple Pie is just as great. They have the same energy as Zep. Imagine if Robert had 3 black female soul singers backing him up on the choruses.

The guitar playing is incindiary. Anyone else see simmilarities between the two. I would even say that Steve Marriot gives RP a run for his money.

Mc7

If anyone Loves Zep. Humple Pie is just as great. They have the same energy as Zep. Imagine if Robert had 3 black female soul singers backing him up on the choruses.

The guitar playing is incindiary. Anyone else see simmilarities between the two. I would even say that Steve Marriot gives RP a run for his money.

Mc7

The Pie was a great band no doubt, but they were never in Led Zeppelin's league.

Can't say I'm much into comparing bands with the intent of declaring a winner but HP was the cream of the crop in their day. I think they burned out kind of quick, their first 5 albums are as good as anything any rock band with roots in blues put out but they lost a little steam by Eat It. Hard living was the culprit if you ask me, Steve pushed it a bit far. Town and Country was definitely a precursor to Zep III. I've been fans of both bands for a long time but as time goes by I find myself less enamored with LZ and have yet to tire of the classic HP.

Archived