Help with a Poster Please

laragazza

I've never seen a poster promoting the 1980 North American tour and I don't think one exists. There are two full page newspaper ads announcing tickets on sale. One was published in the Buffalo Evening News (9/25/80) and the other in the Chicago Tribune (9/26/80).

I've never seen a poster promoting the 1980 North American tour and I don't think one exists. There are two full page newspaper ads announcing tickets on sale. One was published in the Buffalo Evening News (9/25/80) and the other in the Chicago Tribune (9/26/80).

There was also a newspaper ad for the two shows scheduled for the Joe Louis Arena in Detroit (10/29/80 & 10/30/80).

Thanks so much for the info Steve! Any idea how I can get my hands on that Newspaper Ad?

Thanks so much for the info Steve! Any idea how I can get my hands on that Newspaper Ad?

If you contact the archive staff for each paper through their websites they should be able to provide full page reproductions of the ads for a service fee. Otherwise you'll have to scour ebay and online auctions for an original, but they are seldom offered.

Mike - I wasn't aware an ad was published in the Detroit market. I'll try to obtain a copy.

Wow, thank you so much! I'm getting closer! Ideally, what I'd like to find is that ad, but advertising the show at the Civic Centre Arena in St. Paul, MN on November 9th. I'm assuming if this existed, one of you would have mentioned it, but thought I'd ask. If not, the Chicago show is one day off so this will work great. Do either of you have a good picture of the Chicago Ad, similar to the Detroit ad? Thank you again!!

Wow Mike, I can't thank you enough! You have saved me hours of search time. And it's from the day John died. This is pretty special. Thank you!!

-Natalie

Here you go:

th_80-09-25ChicagoTribuneAd.jpg

For the record, the ad was in the 9/25/80 edition of the Chicago Tribune (not 9/26/80).

Archived