Cancelled North American Tour Dates

So I was talking to my brother who was a teenager "back in the day", I asked him if he had attended the LZ concert in Albuquerque, NM (which is where I live now). According to records, LZ played or was to play in Albuquerque, NM on two dates; August 2, 1969 and May 23, 1973. He told me the 1973 date was canceled, but wasn't sure why. I was stunned by that news! Anybody know why?

I'm curious, considering LZ's rise to prominence and popularity, which North American tour dates were canceled and why. Surely it couldn't have been due to poor ticket sales. I know Peter Grant was a tough promoter and negotiator, so I'm wondering if that played a large (no pun intended) part as to why concert dates were canceled.

DT

So I was talking to my brother who was a teenager "back in the day", I asked him if he had attended the LZ concert in Albuquerque, NM (which is where I live now). According to records, LZ played or was to play in Albuquerque, NM on two dates; August 2, 1969 and May 23, 1973. He told me the 1973 date was canceled, but wasn't sure why. I was stunned by that news! Anybody know why?

I'm curious, considering LZ's rise to prominence and popularity, which North American tour dates were canceled and why. Surely it couldn't have been due to poor ticket sales. I know Peter Grant was a tough promoter and negotiator, so I'm wondering if that played a large (no pun intended) part as to why concert dates were canceled.

DT

The Albuquerque '73 concert was performed and reviewed in the local press:

http://www.ledzeppel...how/may-23-1973

There were no cancellations during the 1973 North American tour. A one day postponement of the 5/30/73 concert in Los Angeles was announced on local radio as fans arrived for the show...Jimmy had sprained his finger on a fence while greeting fans at the airport.

Awesome! Thanks Steve!

The Albuquerque '73 concert was performed and reviewed in the local press:

http://www.ledzeppel...how/may-23-1973

There were no cancellations during the 1973 North American tour. A one day postponement of the 5/30/73 concert in Los Angeles was announced on local radio as fans arrived for the show...Jimmy had sprained his finger on a fence while greeting fans at the airport.

Archived