Chris Evans' blog.

Chris Evans became a fan of Zep only a couple of years ago - I remember Danny Baker telling him how good they were and he dedicated one of his shows to them.

Here's his blog entry:-

PETER KAY, THE EDGE AND A WOLE LOT OF LOVE

Chris Evans 11 Dec 07, 03:04 PM

Without doubt one of the most eccentric people in showbiz, introducing...

... Mr Peter Kay in our box last night at the O2.

On his own, smiling, chomping on a sarnie, having driven himself down from the north west - happy as a sand boy. A huge Zep fan by the way. Always nice, always friendly.

(In a thick Bolton accent)

"Hey, how about that Almost Famous, 'ow good is that film, I'm always in floods whenever I watch it. It just brings back all those feelings of being young, yer whole life ahead of you - all yer dreams ahead of you."

Apparently he watched it on the way to the gig to get him in the mood. How he did this and drive I declined to ask. Lovely fella though.

Hey did anyone mention that Foreigner were the support act. "I wanna know what love is," oh yes baby.

So how was the concert ?

How do you think ? In a word... awesome. Jimmy Page was on fire, I mean really on fire, Jason Bohman spookily good and Robert the Plant's voice as good as ever. I never realised how funky they were ! And how do you go about writing those songs ? They're so complex, so massive, so magnificent.

All the biggies, all the must plays didn't disappoint, nothing disappointed - the stage show itself was breathtaking. To such an extent, according to U2's manager Paul Mcguiness, "there's no way this is a one off." Hurrah.

My favorite moment however was after the show. A picture I'll never forget. Jimmy Page backstage slumped on a sofa with his three kids draped all over him telling their daddy how much they loved him. A happier, more content man, it would be difficult to imagine.

CLP.

X.

Chris Evans became a fan of Zep only a couple of years ago - I remember Danny Baker telling him how good they were and he dedicated one of his shows to them.

Here's his blog entry:-

PETER KAY, THE EDGE AND A WOLE LOT OF LOVE

Chris Evans 11 Dec 07, 03:04 PM

Without doubt one of the most eccentric people in showbiz, introducing...

... Mr Peter Kay in our box last night at the O2.

On his own, smiling, chomping on a sarnie, having driven himself down from the north west - happy as a sand boy. A huge Zep fan by the way. Always nice, always friendly.

(In a thick Bolton accent)

"Hey, how about that Almost Famous, 'ow good is that film, I'm always in floods whenever I watch it. It just brings back all those feelings of being young, yer whole life ahead of you - all yer dreams ahead of you."

Apparently he watched it on the way to the gig to get him in the mood. How he did this and drive I declined to ask. Lovely fella though.

Hey did anyone mention that Foreigner were the support act. "I wanna know what love is," oh yes baby.

So how was the concert ?

How do you think ? In a word... awesome. Jimmy Page was on fire, I mean really on fire, Jason Bohman spookily good and Robert the Plant's voice as good as ever. I never realised how funky they were ! And how do you go about writing those songs ? They're so complex, so massive, so magnificent.

All the biggies, all the must plays didn't disappoint, nothing disappointed - the stage show itself was breathtaking. To such an extent, according to U2's manager Paul Mcguiness, "there's no way this is a one off." Hurrah.

My favorite moment however was after the show. A picture I'll never forget. Jimmy Page backstage slumped on a sofa with his three kids draped all over him telling their daddy how much they loved him. A happier, more content man, it would be difficult to imagine.

CLP.

X.

Oh, that last part is so sweet....that image is priceless! :)

Archived