Queens Christams Concert 1975

I have never been a fan of Queen. But as a 14 year old I remember this BBC concert from 1975 and thought it was great at the time. 37 years later I watched the show last evening. I was not to be disappointed. What a cracker of a show. From the opening of "Now I'm here" to the rock and roll medley at the end it was just superb. I know the band were big admirers of Zeppelin - and it shows. Although not complete it has a very Zeppelinesque feel to the way the show was presented. A big opening number, Freddies piano in Bohemian ( although this is part of a medley), Brian May's guitar workout in Brighton Rock to the rock and roll fun at the end. It really packs a punch - especially turned up through a decent hi fi set up.

I am not going to be a convert to Queens back catalogue, but I urge many to try and dig out this show and see just how good this band were in 1975

I only know this one from a very good sounding bootleg, never realized there were recorded visuals to it.

Great show indeed.

Oh indeed there is. If you can access the bbc i player in the Netherlands it very well maybe on there. It only clocks in at 45 mins - so not complete. It was first broadcast in 1975 and was repeated on BBC 4 as part of their back catalogue of great gigs a couple of weeks ago.