Coral Castle - anyone been there?

slave to zep

this amazing place has intrigued me since i first heard about it when i was about 6 years old, and happened to watch an episode of the show " you asked for it " ( i think that's what it was called ). i just can't get my head around it.

have you visited there?

what are your thoughts on how it was constructed?

it is on my bucket list for sure!

here is a link

http://coralcastle.com/

So is this like Stonehenge in some ways? I looked at the link and will research it more later on. I am flying into Ft Lauderdale in late August to visit relatives just outside Miami, so I will be close. But I only have two days on the southeast coast and then must drive to Ft Myers beach for a stay on the beach and then onward to Ocala a few days later I may want to check it out time permitting. thanks for posting.

So is this like Stonehenge in some ways? I looked at the link and will research it more later on. I am flying into Ft Lauderdale in late August to visit relatives just outside Miami, so I will be close. But I only have two days on the southeast coast and then must drive to Ft Myers beach for a stay on the beach and then onward to Ocala a few days later I may want to check it out time permitting. thanks for posting.

i would say def go there while you are so close!

do some more reading on it, it is quite fascinating. and i read that he built it not once, but twice, moving it piece by piece to its' current setting.

Archived