"How a dream changed Deborah Bonham's life"

sam_webmaster

• Administrators

How a dream changed Deborah Bonham's life

Friday, October 19, 2012

culture_30844_a15471.jpg

The sister of the late Led Zeppelin drummer John Bonham has spoken about why she turned to faith.

Deborah Bonham talks about her older brother John, her life and Christian faith in an interview with Nick Battle on Premer Christian Radio's Men@Work programme at 8pm on Saturday.

She shares how she had a dream about her two departed brothers and how it inspired her to stop drinking and partying, and change how she was living her life.

“I’d been through a few years of heavy alcohol and partying,” she says.

“Then I had a real strange dream. My two brothers came to me, took me by the hand, and were leading me away.

“My mother was still alive then and I looked after her so it must have been in my head that I couldn’t leave her. ‘You’re coming with us,’ they said. ‘We did warn you.’

“I said ‘I’m not ready to go’. Then I woke up and said to myself ‘that’s it’. I sold my house in London, went down to the south coast and got my rescue horses and rescue dogs and started working with a charity.”

She goes on to reflect about the impact of losing her father and two brothers, and how this shaped her view of life as borrowed time.

She also talks about how she tries to look for the good in all people.

“If you have faith, you do always look for good," says Deborah.

"It’s important to find a fleck of light somewhere in other people. I hope I can trigger something for others to get faith.

“I believe that we see our loved ones again. I have no doubt in my mind that I’m going to see my family again.”

=====

This weekend (Saturday 20th - 20:00)

Nick Battle will be chatting to Deborah Bonham, the sister of Led Zeppelin rock legend John Bonham. She will be recalling memories of growing up with her brother and the world’s greatest rock band, as well as talking about her faith and music too.

Premier Christian Radio broadcasts nationally on DAB Digital Radio, Sky Digital 0123, Freeview 725, online at www.premier.org.uk and across London on 1305, 1332 and 1413 MW.

Archived