What happend Sunday at 1800?

I queued from around 1330 on Sunday until 1700 to get a wristband. What a total mess that was. I won't bother going to another show at the 02 (unless it's Zep again of course), but that's another story...

There was a notice saying that the place would close at 1800 but the queue was bigger at 1700 than when I joined it at 1330.

Did they just shut up shop and tell everyone that had been there for hours to go home?

We got there at 14.30 and got our tickets promptly at 18.00. The girl who put the wristbands on said that everyone who's waiting is gonna get their tickets that day. After we got ours we went for a beer at The Bar and they continued - as she said - giving them out. What a riot it would have been if they've stopped! People have been waiting for hours and if they would have closed, it would have pissed a lot of people off. So I think it was a wise desicion to keep on giving the tickets.

It was not very well organized. I wouldn't have waited for any other band.

I was in the O2 for both days as a front-of-standing-queue barrier hugger.

The feedback at around 4.30/5.00 was that the pick up queue was still almost to the door, but that they had declared that anyone in the q at 6 would be processed through.

I have no idea whether the q got much longer or shorter before 6 - my guess is that not many would have come later than 5 ish.

I walked to the entrance at about 6.30 and the pick up q was then barely a dozen long at its longest - some letters (collection was in alphabetical groups for those of you unable to get there) had no-one queing. So I guess it was all done with not long after.

We were in the queue for 3 hours, I started to get an aura from all the turmoil of finally getting a ticket and the build up to the greatest concert of all time (well my best gig). I thought I was going to have another seizure and had to tell my partner that I was having an aura, and if I did pass out and have a seizure then for Gods sake please drag my body if I wasn't with it so they could give me the wristband. I didn't want to cock this up !!

Lucky for me the aura passed after about 50 Min's of me getting nervous that I was going to have one in front of 18,000 people :) but I didn't ...Yippee and got my wristband and to be honest I would of queued up for 12 hours if I had too !!! :D

Archived