ITTOD-What if there had been a world wide tour to support it?

fishhead

I know there are a few around here that list ITTOD as their favorite album. I think there is probably a greater amount of fans that would say the album is ok, and then a lot too who don't really rate it high in the catologue, or, don't like it at all.

I wonder, if LZ had been able to tour the album massively world wide (I know they did a short European tour), would that have impacted differently on how we all view ITTOD's present status. Or, even with a massive tour, there would still be no difference in our regard for the album and it is situated exactly where it should be in the minds of the fans.....

Sorry if this sounds confusing. But I think one of the interesting realities about ITTOD, and what makes it even more different from all the other records, is it didn't get the world wide tour that the others did to support it. ....Just wondering......

They introduced Hot Dog and In the Evening at the Copenhagen warm-up shows '79 and the two Knebworth 1979 shows. Then they only added All My Love to the European 1980 tour but added a more like the album introduction to In the Evening instead of the violin bow solo at the shows in 1979. At the time of starting to rehearse for the upcoming US 1980 tour- they were supposed to be working on a live version of Carouselambra.

Who knows what could have happend.

Ahh, to dream about what could have been. For me the live versions I think would be the preferred versions. I think if Zeppelin had been touring and working at their creative best the live versions of songs from ITTOD would fully stand up. I much prefer the live version of In The Evening from Knebworth to the studio version. I really like the way P/P included part of Carouselambra. I like ITTOD, but it is my least favorite Zeppelin record. I don't think a live tour would have changed that. I am looking forward to the remastering of this record.

I think that if Bonzo didn't die, Jimmy would have OD'd on the tour.

Ouch!

For what its worth, I think the Out Door tracks mentioned above would have taken their place in live sets - but then they would have quickly made another album (say in 1981/2) which would have been the projected riff-oriented, harder-rocking album that Bonzo and Page were already discussing in 1980.

Methinks that this would have quickly eclipsed the Out Door tracks in terms of finding favour in the live sets. Just my take on it.

I forgot to say that I think that the best song to end Zeps career as it was, is I'm Gonna Crawl, the fantastic blues really make you blue and that last chord

"makes you wonder" what could have been!

ITTOD is a great album to finnish the 70's party... Makes you sad to think about it, actually.

Archived