Like old times?

I may be alone in this but I'm enjoying the fact that we are only getting glimpses of this concert from cell phones and audience recordings. The stuff I see on youtube looks as good or better than the vhs bootlegs I studied to death in th 80s. And the fact that they are keeping so quiet in this information age seems to add to the Zep mystique.

I remember when I was young and the only place you could see Zep was in the pages of Circus and Creem. Even Rolling Stone ignored them, and when they did pay attention it was usually bad. TSRTS was only seen at midnight movies until the vhs came out, Zep still seemed like an exclusive club. I also remember when Ozzy was scary...

Anyway I feel like this concert is recapturing this feeling. We are scouring the internet for info, this wasn't broadcast on HBO or quickly released as a legit boot the way the Stones or the Who do it these days. There is Power, Mystery, and...well you know.

Anyone else feel this way?

Of course they better release a dvd eventually or I'll be pissed.

And the fact that they are keeping so quiet in this information age seems to add to the Zep mystique.

Anyone else feel this way?

Of course they better release a dvd eventually or I'll be pissed.

I agree. Especially the silence after that take-the-world-by-storm concert, it's fantastic! They leave everyone in a frenzy and walk away, making us pine for more. How do they do that - make us feel like we're somehow privy to this mysterious force that only we can understand - all several hundred million of us at the same time?

Archived