House of the Holy - white label ..anybody know anything about this?

I have come across a copy of House of the holy. It seems to be a test pressing.

There is no artwork on the label(white label) or the cover (white cardboard sleeve).

The only defining features are the matrix numbers K50014 A1 and K50014 B1 stamped on the outgroove.

Also etched in the outgroOve are the words "PORKY" and "PECKY" .I know that the original master engineer

of the album George Peckham used these etchings on the albums he mastered.

So, the question is whether its the real deal or a bootleg? Does anybody have any Information that could help me?

hi

I have some photos to post. I have tried attaching them as files but they wont upload.

How do I insert them directly?

Cheers

Go to more reply options at the bottom right of the page next to "post". Bottom left "choose files" find your file from your PC and after it has done "add to post"

The fact that the catalog number is stamped rather than etched is a good sign that it's legitimate. You should try to find a copy to do a side-by-side comparison.

If it is a fake, it was done skillfully, unlike some I've seen:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140921849676?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

$(KGrHqNHJF!FEl0sGhzeBRKzYTufpQ~~60_12.J

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking along the same lines as yourself.

The fact that the Matrix numbers are clearly machine stamped would be a good indicator that its an original test pressing.

Also, the etched wording in the outgroove "PORKY" and "PECKY" (couldn't get these to come out in photo) are synonymous with George Peckham the original Master Engineer.

I have found George on Facebook and have sent him photos and descriptions of the record. I'm hoping he replies.

All thing considered, if it is an original would you(or anybody) have an idea of what its worth?

The fact that the catalog number is stamped rather than etched is a good sign that it's legitimate. You should try to find a copy to do a side-by-side comparison.

If it is a fake, it was done skillfully, unlike some I've seen:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140921849676?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

$(KGrHqNHJF!FEl0sGhzeBRKzYTufpQ~~60_12.J

I nearly wet myself laughing thank's for sharing that.

I have come across a copy of House of the holy. It seems to be a test pressing.

There is no artwork on the label(white label) or the cover (white cardboard sleeve).

The only defining features are the matrix numbers K50014 A1 and K50014 B1 stamped on the outgroove.

Also etched in the outgroOve are the words "PORKY" and "PECKY" .I know that the original master engineer

of the album George Peckham used these etchings on the albums he mastered.

So, the question is whether its the real deal or a bootleg? Does anybody have any Information that could help me?

I am sorry to say this but i think it's a fake it look's far to new to be real.I would be very suspicious if i saw this online.

I am sorry to say this but i think it's a fake it look's far to new to be real.I would be very suspicious if i saw this online.

Hi..thanks for your thoughts. The reason the album looks so new is that there is no artwork. The vinyl definitely has age and its been played some.

The sound is fantastic with some minor static between tracks.I'm still trying to establish its history at the moment. I do sell on ebay and have a very good reputation

so hence I'm trying to do my due diligence on this item. I start all my auctions at .99 cent with no reserves so it will find its own price anyhow. I was just hoping that someone

on this forum would know something about it so I could offer as much info as possible when I sell it.

Archived