Plant/Page Vocal-Guitar Dynamic

McSeven

I was listing to song by Govt Mule called Lola leave your light on. It was mention in one of the other sections under Song that sound like Zep by other bands.

ALthough the song had a Zep like structure Kind of like a Wanton Song slowed down vibe. The singer Warren Haynes is a great vocalist. Yet I found his vocals a bit to maid back.

It got me thinking. That Plants vocals for Zeppelin really matched the band so well that its like his vocal intensity and character are like another guitar for the most part.

What do you all think. If Plants vocals were like a guitar do you feel he has a matched intensity like Page's guitar?

Do you think that Plant was trying to match Page's guitar dynamic?

I was listing to song by Govt Mule called Lola leave your light on. It was mention in one of the other sections under Song that sound like Zep by other bands.

ALthough the song had a Zep like structure Kind of like a Wanton Song slowed down vibe. The singer Warren Haynes is a great vocalist. Yet I found his vocals a bit to maid back.

It got me thinking. That Plants vocals for Zeppelin really matched the band so well that its like his vocal intensity and character are like another guitar for the most part.

What do you all think. If Plants vocals were like a guitar do you feel he has a matched intensity like Page's guitar?

Hell yeah, just listen to the bow section from HTWWW Dazed and Confused. When he brings his voice down into a baritone range to counter Page's low E bowing it sends chills down the old spine. I really wish Robert would have utilized his lower range more as it sounds so intense!

Page and Plant often had a call-and-response thing going on with Plant using his voice as an additional instrument.

• 9 months later...

Archived