Zeppelin's Thievery/Devil Tag

McSeven

One of my co-workers just sent me a link on YTube about Zeppelin stealing others people's songs. Like HMMT/BMSide/STH and various other songs.

What I don't get is why is Zep the one that is attacked about these blues songs all the time. Also. Zep get the Devil tag as well all the time. I never really feel evil with Zep. Its just mood of Light and Shade. We all have it within us. Can anyone really speculate why Zep has to be tagged with this. Even On The Kennedy Centre Honors. Jack Black made a comment about Zep being in league with the Devil.

Enough already.

Because people are stupid, Many many bands have done/do the exact same thing Zeppelin did. There is no point in talking to people who harp on this because they already have their minds made up. besides what ever they lifted ended up becoming a much better idea anyway.

One of my co-workers just sent me a link on YTube about Zeppelin stealing others people's songs. Like HMMT/BMSide/STH and various other songs.

What I don't get is why is Zep the one that is attacked about these blues songs all the time. Also. Zep get the Devil tag as well all the time. I never really feel evil with Zep. Its just mood of Light and Shade. We all have it within us. Can anyone really speculate why Zep has to be tagged with this. Even On The Kennedy Centre Honors. Jack Black made a comment about Zep being in league with the Devil.

Enough already.

I think Jack Black's comments were very much tongue in cheek, and poking fun at the nonsense that people throw at Zeppelin all the time. The why is easy. Apart from their fans, most people love the sport of trying to dethrone the champion(s). Zeppelin are a threat to many, even 33 years after they disbanded, just based on the fact that they have achieved things that others could only dream of. Last night is a perfect example (Grammy's). How could this not make the fans of other bands insecure? Accordingly, they throw around the crap, hoping some of it will stick. And let's not forget, that some of it holds some truth. Zeppelin would be the first to tell you that they nicked some blues standards for their gain. That was the name of the game then, and as Robert has said, "There is nothing new under the sun."

• 1 month later...

Archived