Is Jimmy rehearsing/recording right now?

Hey everybody, when I was listening to some random, non-Zeppelin things of Jimmy playing the other day (Death WIsh from JP.com, Mean Business, and the "ARMS" concert on vinyl), I thought of RoyalRumpus' post- "Jimmy Page needs a good rest," where Robert Plant responded to Jimmy saying..."bla, bla, bla"...but under that post there was mention of John Davis "tweeting" (I loathe that word) about having a "Terrific session this morning with James Patrick Page." there was a few comments interspersed later in the post about this, but I thought a new posting to track other "leaks" about what may turn out to be a new project from Mr. Page might be a good idea since hopefully there will be more info coming along in time. So, If Jimmy is rehearsing/recording right is he doing the bulk of it at a home studio? Or is he smuggled into the rehearsal space in a coffin? I kid, but how can these sessions go on in secret? People have to work in the area and see him entering a studio building, other musicians in the facility, or even security companies would at least see him enter a room if not get to hear him play. He must have a Peter Grant-esque mafia to keep his dealings in things musical secret. Justin Beiber farts and the media goes wild, Kardashian posts well wishes to a neice on Facebook and that's news for some pathetic reason, so why is there such a shortage of info on Page recording new material? Unless Jimmy isn't working at all, and John Davis is f-ing with us there should be some more info out there if this is happening.

Hey everybody, when I was listening to some random, non-Zeppelin things of Jimmy playing the other day (Death WIsh from JP.com, Mean Business, and the "ARMS" concert on vinyl), I thought of RoyalRumpus' post- "Jimmy Page needs a good rest," where Robert Plant responded to Jimmy saying..."bla, bla, bla"...but under that post there was mention of John Davis "tweeting" (I loathe that word) about having a "Terrific session this morning with James Patrick Page." there was a few comments interspersed later in the post about this, but I thought a new posting to track other "leaks" about what may turn out to be a new project from Mr. Page might be a good idea since hopefully there will be more info coming along in time. So, If Jimmy is rehearsing/recording right is he doing the bulk of it at a home studio? Or is he smuggled into the rehearsal space in a coffin? I kid, but how can these sessions go on in secret? People have to work in the area and see him entering a studio building, other musicians in the facility, or even security companies would at least see him enter a room if not get to hear him play. He must have a Peter Grant-esque mafia to keep his dealings in things musical secret. Justin Beiber farts and the media goes wild, Kardashian posts well wishes to a neice on Facebook and that's news for some pathetic reason, so why is there such a shortage of info on Page recording new material? Unless Jimmy isn't working at all, and John Davis is f-ing with us there should be some more info out there if this is happening.

Firstly, is a tweet, unconnected to any news organization really considered news? And why would this John Davis be "f***ing with us"? Maybe we will never know the answer to your question or maybe we already know too much? :P:)

To answer your questions zephead; Not to be a stickler, and certainly not to be combative, I never said in my post that Twitter was a "news organization," Twitter can go suck an egg in my opinion...although if there is info about Jimmy that "leaks" out of there, why not take it? I used the word "news" later in my post in regard to the writers of tabloidesque materials to read while one is on the toilet, at the RMV, or while killing time at their work computer. Not something reputable like Fox News! ;) So, I guess by "news" I should have said "unsubstantiated rumors," but I am not trying to suggest Twitter is a news organization...my point is that there are suprisingly few leaks considering Jimmy's rockgod status, and sources like twitter are amazingly/sadly some of the only sources of info available. For someone like me who really would like to see Jimmy play again, and who would really like to see him record any new material, the slightest blip on the web catches my hopeful eye. Also, I don't really think John Davis is F-ing with us, but if his Twitter post was not real/true he is lying (or F-ing with us where I come from), or he knows another James Patrick Page who could be involved in a "session," or there is a random John Davis impersonator out there who has some sort of perverse vendetta against Zepheads he satisfies through single random posts. So, if none of these scenarios are the case, then John Davis was in the studio with Jimmy Page having a session and that is interesting to say the least imho. I guess I can never know too much either, I am just wired that way; I do hope Jimmy gets out there though while he still can....it is a shame that he and Robert seem to be on the rocks; this reminds me of John L. and Paul M., they never wrote together again either after the Beatles and now they can't :peace:

John Davis is NOT a recording engineer - he's a mastering engineer.

http://www.thisismetropolis.com/mastering/engineers/john-davis

What this means in practical terms is that Jimmy is in probably having some of his archive recordings mastered (possibly for release?).

Considering that he's said in recent interviews that he only plays the guitar about once week, and that while he wants to get out there and play (and possibly record) he hasn't got a band together, it's really unlikely to be brand new stuff. If you also take into consideration the amount of promo work he's been doing for the re-re-masters, that fact that he's 70 and also that he seems to spend most of his spare time at record fairs, gigs and in Thailand, when is he going to have had the time to rehearse (with a band he hasn't got) and record, all in secret?

Highly unlikely.

Archived