Deities

Blackheart

The Father of Rock n' Roll is and always will be Bill Haley.

The King of Rock n' Roll is and will always be Elvis! Long may his music live.

but

Zeppelin

Are Gods of Rock n' Roll!

Sorry the Beatles don't cut it nor the Stones. However they do have some good music.

I don't care if you hate them. Think their music sucks, think that Robert puts to much Babies into his singing. Those four men are what American rock 'n roll is all about. Thank You England for those four lads. May the remaining 3 live to be a hundred or more. It will be so dark when they are gone.

The Father of Rock n' Roll is and always will be Bill Haley.

The King of Rock n' Roll is and will always be Elvis! Long may his music live.

but

Zeppelin

Are Gods of Rock n' Roll!

Sorry the Beatles don't cut it nor the Stones. However they do have some good music.

I don't care if you hate them. Think their music sucks, think that Robert puts to much Babies into his singing. Those four men are what American rock 'n roll is all about. Thank You England for those four lads. May the remaining 3 live to be a hundred or more. It will be so dark when they are gone.

Where do Chuck Barry and Little Richard fit into your rock-and-roll pantheon? How about Jerry Lee Lewis and The Everley Brothers?

Where do Chuck Barry and Little Richard fit into your rock-and-roll pantheon? How about Jerry Lee Lewis and The Everley Brothers?

Perhaps they're the Titans of Rock? The greek titans came before the gods and were just as, if not more powerful.

Just trying to play along...

• 2 weeks later...

My Dear let me explain. My parents liked country Christian. It was I who got into a band called Shanana. The 50s and early 60s is where my rock n roll began. So all those legends and some I have had the great pleasure seeing them perform live are legends. In mythology you have the little stories of the stars but then you have the stories of the great gods. Those greats that you listed I sat and listened 24/7. But I cant deny the fact. Led Zeppelin are gods. So is Mick Jagger. I don't listen to all Mick's stuff but he's a god.But Zeppelin practically has its own church. I never would have listened to Zeppelin for I thought they were heavy metal. It doesn't matter. I don't have to like Zeppelin at all. They are gods and have risen above the other artist that I love. Long live rock n roll and Zeppelin and Blondie music.

Archived