Little help!

DoubleNecker

Ok, some of you know that I got a new guitar and amp yesterday. Much to my surprise, my amp didn't come with a guitar to amp cord. So I grabbed my dad's old cord that came with the Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (we traded it in and I got a hard case for it!) and I played it and for some reason (has happened before) while I was playing, I kept getting shocked. Usually with the upper G string on down. I'm thinking it's the cord, because it was a cheap one. My dad says otherwise.

So tell me, what's the deal?

Ok, some of you know that I got a new guitar and amp yesterday. Much to my surprise, my amp didn't come with a guitar to amp cord. So I grabbed my dad's old cord that came with the Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (we traded it in and I got a hard case for it!) and I played it and for some reason (has happened before) while I was playing, I kept getting shocked. Usually with the upper G string on down. I'm thinking it's the cord, because it was a cheap one. My dad says otherwise.

So tell me, what's the deal?

Are you using a ground lift adapter on your amps power cord? (better known as a three prong adapter) if not, try using one.

Archived