Rare Mexican LP

Having been a avid Zep Collector since 1976 every now and then I come across something that wets the appetite, A custom Mexican Orange Wax of the Second LP, South and Central American pressings are often shrouded in mystery, I purchased one these from a Brazillian Dealer at a Record Fair in Italy, now I've seen another one on the auction site EBay, can any fellow collectors shed any light? Item number 222036566531

Thank you. Simon

I hate to disagree with Mr. Jones, whose vast insight far surpasses mine (and who was great in the Sex Pistols and the Professionals!), but I am pretty sure this is one of those typical cheap counterfeits. If Atlantic re-released the entire Zeppelin catalog on colored vinyl in 1981 it would be common knowledge and copies would be all over ebay, etc.

The LP pictured from Luke's site probably appears black but is translucent when held to a light (otherwise it would be photographed normally) and may well be a one-off.

The best way to find the truth is to tell us what is etched in the trail-off.

P.S. The major Mexican rarity at the top of my want list is an original copy of HOTH with the paper band that has the title in Spanish: Recintos de lo Sagrado.

Archived