EARLS COURT ADVERT

Thanks for posting that. It was in NME. Do you know if the same type of ad ran in other magazines? Also, that issue is from March 15, the day on which tickets went on sale for the first three scheduled shows. Do you know when they added the 17th and 18th shows?

2 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

Thanks for posting that. It was in NME. Do you know if the same type of ad ran in other magazines? Also, that issue is from March 15, the day on which tickets went on sale for the first three scheduled shows. Do you know when they added the 17th and 18th shows?

I used to get the NME weekly but I'm sure it would have been in Melody Maker and Sounds. I dont know the dates that the additional shows were added, but I remember the first three being sold out in a matter of hours. I tried to get tickets by post which was pointless, eventually getting two tickets for the 25th via classified ads in the NME. £10 for a £2 ticket which at the time was a fortune!  

• Administrators
2 hours ago, SteveZ98 said:

April 19, 1975:

1975-04-19---earlscourt---ledzeppelin_com.jpg

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm kind of surprised they waited over a month to put tickets on sale for the extra shows after the initial ones sold out so quickly. Also, do either of you know if Zep was the first (and/or last) to use trains to bring fans into London from different cities for shows?

15 minutes ago, SteveZ98 said:

Thanks for the info, guys. I'm kind of surprised they waited over a month to put tickets on sale for the extra shows after the initial ones sold out so quickly. Also, do either of you know if Zep was the first (and/or last) to use trains to bring fans into London from different cities for shows?

To be honest I didnt know that they actually used trains, I assumed it was just part of the advertising campaign. It was the first Zep 'tour' to be in London only and it seemed as if they were justifying the single venue by showing how easy it was to get there. I came from the north of England and it was much cheaper to travel the 200 miles by bus.