Unusual songs

kristina

I just want to say that I am really amazed how incredibly are some songs made. For example Ten years gone, I think its a song with very deep message. It is not that usual song about love or life, it has something specific that I can`t explain myself . The only one who knows a truly meaning is Led Zepp. I think there had to be some special energy and skills between members because songs like this are the art of God. I don`t believe that something else would ever touched my soul like Zeppelin did

Maybe you have some similar feeling , I just wanted to share with mine :) Kristina

(my english is not good, I know it :) but sorry for mistakes

Welcome Kristina. Ten Years Gone (TYG) is a beautiful song. One of my favorites for sure. You're right, Zep certainly had something special. :)

By the way, since your new, a post like this should be in the 'Newbies' section or the Meet and Greet section.

Have fun and welcome!

• 4 weeks later...
I just want to say that I am really amazed how incredibly are some songs made. For example Ten years gone, I think its a song with very deep message. It is not that usual song about love or life, it has something specific that I can`t explain myself . The only one who knows a truly meaning is Led Zepp. I think there had to be some special energy and skills between members because songs like this are the art of God. I don`t believe that something else would ever touched my soul like Zeppelin did

Maybe you have some similar feeling , I just wanted to share with mine :) Kristina

(my english is not good, I know it :) but sorry for mistakes

Each one of us gets something different from the zep tunes we listen too and that is a true magic of zeppelin music.

Having said that, Every zep tune is intertwined with every other zep tune. Ten Years Gone- has very simaler notes as Over the Hills and Far Away....with slight variences they are practically the same tune. The beginning of Over the Hills and Far away, is also the same sequence beginning of Ten Years Gone and Black Mountain Side...These same notes are in almost every single zeppelin tune, No Quarter, The Rain Song and so many others...musically though it is much easier to talk about it, than actually play. But they are very similer to each other musically speaking.

In addition to that , JP was a master at building the sound or as he put it "Layering" i.e. the Guuitar Army...toward the end of "Ten Years Gone" there are 5 guitars being played at once...the last lead parts of that tune are played on different scales on each guitar at the same time. Which has been very difficult to pick out which one to play when reproducing the sound.

Gotta Love It.

Archived