Revisiting the Jimmy Page.com Vinyl Releases

spacer.png

Hey party people,

I was going through the record collection this afternoon and noticed my Death Wish 2011, JP.com record was number 742 - like 742 Evergreen Terrace for any Simpsons fans.  Thought it was funny, since I am a huge Simpsons fan, but it got me thinking how cool it was that Jimmy has his own label through which he releases both his friends and own work.  

So far he has released:

Death Wish II

Lucifer RIsing

Chris Farlowe

Yardbirds 68

Catalyst-Scarlett Sabet

SoundTracks - of course this was released after I bought death wish and lucifer rising, so I won't be buying this...

What do we think will come out next on this label?  

Not the upcoming Coverdale/Page reissue I would guess.  Would he ever consider releasing some of his 1988 live shows through JP.com?  How about the XYZ sessions? I don't have any interest in $1,000 photos, and the books were cheaper on Amazon, but I will drop some $$$ on records...within reason.  Other than the exchange rate and shipping to the U.S., I feel the pricing is fairly reasonable, and the vinyl is very high quality in sound, packaging, and materials.  A new release would give me an excuse to buy another zoso shirt!

9 minutes ago, Darth Hoek said:

spacer.png

Hey party people,

I was going through the record collection this afternoon and noticed my Death Wish 2011, JP.com record was number 742 - like 742 Evergreen Terrace for any Simpsons fans.  Thought it was funny, since I am a huge Simpsons fan, but it got me thinking how cool it was that Jimmy has his own label through which he releases both his friends and own work.  

So far he has released:

Death Wish II

Lucifer RIsing

Chris Farlowe

Yardbirds 68

Catalyst-Scarlett Sabet

SoundTracks - of course this was released after I bought death wish and lucifer rising, so I won't be buying this...

What do we think will come out next on this label?  

Not the upcoming Coverdale/Page reissue I would guess.  Would he ever consider releasing some of his 1988 live shows through JP.com?  How about the XYZ sessions? I don't have any interest in $1,000 photos, and the books were cheaper on Amazon, but I will drop some $$$ on records...within reason.  Other than the exchange rate and shipping to the U.S., I feel the pricing is fairly reasonable, and the vinyl is very high quality in sound, packaging, and materials.  A new release would give me an excuse to buy another zoso shirt!

Thanks for sharing your revisiting the JP.com Website and releases.  Cool that you got # 742.  He could release a companion Anthology audio compilation (limited edition: vinyl, cd, digital) as a follow up to his book released last year. Then, there’s the C/P, which I believe will be out later this year just in time before the holiday shopping season (whether it’s on JP.com or not remains to be seen).  [See C/P Forum Thread for all the latest].

R😎