Robert Plant solo vinyl re-issues (fantasy)

Greetings fellow Zep geeks,

You know those useless fantasy-type threads that folk post? Well, here's another one, just throwing into the ether... and RP management! Blessings and hail to Nicola Powell!!  😘 xx

Plant reissuing three of his solo albums. I know we had the Fate of Nations vinyl repressing recently, but it was a single disc and got very mixed audio reviews. So, here's a little post on how one could reissue and repress some of his LPs again, on double vinyl, and throw in b-sides or Japanese/non-USA bonus tracks as well (Faith No More did this to excellent effect a few years ago). You can still get up to 25mins on one LP side without losing much volume & dynamics. Plus it doesn't have to be DJ-level loudness, like, right? And please, this is a fantasy, so go easy, friends, on your hard cold unconstructive criticisms 🙏 😉

FATE OF NATIONS (1993)

A1 Calling To You (5:48), A2 Down To The Sea (4:00), A3 Come Into My Life (6:32), A4 I Believe (4:33) (approx 21mins total)

B1 29 Palms (4:51), B2 Memory Song (Hello Hello) (5:23), B3, If I Were A Carpenter (3:45), B4 Colours of a Shade (4:43) (approx 20mins total)

C1 Promised Land (4:58), C2 The Greatest Gift (6:53), C3 Great Spirit (5:27), C4 Network News (6:42) (approx 23mins total)

Bonus Tracks: D1 Naked If I Want To (0:48), D2 8'05' (1:50), D3 21 Years (5:12), D4 Dark Moon (5:39), D5 Hey Jayne (5:23), D6 Whole Lotta Love (You Need Love) with Rainer Ptacek (3:30) (approx 20mins total)

** There are also several other b-sides with live from Montreaux and all those Calling To You remixes, but I dunno how good or outdated they may be.

DREAMLAND (2002)

A1 Funny In My Mind (Believe I'm fixin' to die) (4:44), A2 Morning Dew (4:24), A3 One More Cup of Coffee (4:01), A4 Last Time I Saw Her (4:39) (approx 18mins total)

B1 Song To The Siren (5:52), B2 Win My Train Fare Home (if I ever get lucky) (6:01), B3 Darkness, Darkness (7:01) (approx 21mins total)

C1 Red Dress (5:21), C2 Hey Joe (7:02), C3 Skip's Song (4:45), C4 Dirt in a Hole (4:46) (approx 21mins total)

Bonus Tracks: D1 Last Time I Saw Her (remix) (3:22), D2 Song To The Siren (remix) (5:52), D3 Morning Dew (BBC session), D4 Funny In My Mind (BBC session).

MIGHTY REARRANGER (2005)

A1 Another Tribe (3:15), A2 Shine it all Around (4:03), A3 Freedom Fries (2:52), A4 Tin Pan Valley (3:47), A5 All The King's Horse (4:20) (approx 18mins total)

B1 The Enchanter (5:27), B2 Takamba (4:04), B3 Dancing in Heaven (4:25), B4 Somebody KNocking (3:47) B5 (Bonus) Red, White and Blue (3:08) (approx 21mins total)

C1 Let The Four Winds Blow (4:52), C2 Mighty Rearranger (4:25), C3 Brother Ray (1:28), C4 (Bonus) All the Money in the World (3:09), C5 (Bonus) The Enchanter (UNKLE remix) (6:49) (approx 21mins total)

D1 (Bonus) Shine it all Around (remix) (7:41), D2 (Bonus) Tin Pan Valley (remix) (6:32) - finish off this side with 2 choice tracks from the iTunes live sessions or the The Enchanter UNKLE remix Dub version?

Haven't listened to Dreamland in so long, need to hear that one again. I'd like to have more live stuff released as bonus songs. The full Montreux 93 would be so good as a proper release, on video even better.

19 hours ago, zeplz71 said:

Haven't listened to Dreamland in so long, need to hear that one again. I'd like to have more live stuff released as bonus songs. The full Montreux 93 would be so good as a proper release, on video even better.

Aah Dreamland is one of his best. Plant's on record in interview saying that the Strange Sensation was the manifestation of the kind of solo band he wanted all along. While the Sensational Space Shifters are also great, I feel Clive Deamer's exemplary drumming gave a dynamic foundation unlike any other drummer he worked with solo, especially in the live setting.

And yeah, a couple of Plant live albums from various band incarnations wouldn't go amiss!

6 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

:thumbsup:Would have loved a vinyl version of Nine Lives with all the bonus tracks included.

That would be a mammoth set! Not outwith the bounds of previous limited edition box sets that labels like Rhino have put out before. I suppose the copyrights are sorted due to prior release, so.... who knows.