Jimmy`s Les Paul pickup

8 hours ago, TimShveller said:

Hello, Felles. Can you help me? I really want to put in my gibson something as close as possible to the T-Top bridge replacement from 1972.
I understand that my request is quite insane, but maybe there are some modern options cheaper than a bunch of bucks?

Personally I'd say save your money and keep what you've got. The tone isn't gonna vary that much anyway and if you're actually trying to dial in Page's exact tone for a certain era, then you'll have to match everything he used as well. $$$

A Les Paul style guitar through a British modeled amp is gonna get you in the ballpark as is.

9 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

Personally I'd say save your money and keep what you've got. The tone isn't gonna vary that much anyway and if you're actually trying to dial in Page's exact tone for a certain era, then you'll have to match everything he used as well. $$$

A Les Paul style guitar through a British modeled amp is gonna get you in the ballpark as is.

Well said my friend. At one time I took my bridge pickup cover off cause, well Jimmy did, and it changed nothing! My stock 72 LP Custom is perfect as is. Adjust the amp a little and add a pedal or two and have fun. 

11 hours ago, gibsonfan159 said:

In my Les Paul there are stock modern sensors, even compared to the usual serial PAF, they differ dramatically. But these PAF are also a huge number. So I want to find the closest to Page's T-Top.
If you don't know the answer to my question, why give me useless advice?

Edited by TimShveller

1 hour ago, TimShveller said:

In my Les Paul there are stock modern sensors, even compared to the usual serial PAF, they differ dramatically. But these PAF are also a huge number. So I want to find the closest to Page's T-Top.
If you don't know the answer to my question, why give me useless advice?

Here ya go https://reverb.com/item/48113680-1970-s-gibson-double-white-t-tops-rare

• 1 year later...