1975.03.03 Remastered Soundboard

SteveZ98

Thanks again for this, Steve. The sound is fantastic.  I haven't spent a lot of time with this show for whatever reason but the quality of your remaster will draw me back to it often.

Really can't say enough about your continued generosity with these shows.

49 minutes ago, shelflife said:

Thanks again for this, Steve. The sound is fantastic.  I haven't spent a lot of time with this show for whatever reason but the quality of your remaster will draw me back to it often.

Really can't say enough about your continued generosity with these shows.

I'm glad you're enjoying it. After working on it, I totally reevaluated my opinion of the '75 tour. I think the shows are a lot better than they're generally given credit for, especially the March ones when Jimmy's finger was healed and Robert's voice recovered from his cold. I'm working on the 3/20/75 show now and I'm kind of blown away at how good the performance is, especially once it's remastered and you can hear Bonzo's kick drum and how he and JPJ interact to support Jimmy's solos. It's really amazing to get to hear it like that, and it has given me a much greater appreciation for just how good the band was during this part of the tour.

Completely agree. For the longest time, I considered the tour a huge letdown with only a couple of gems along the way.  Boy, was I wrong.

Can't claim it was their peak, but the best of this tour stands up to my favorites from prior years. And might get played more these days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2023 at 4:30 PM, SteveZ98 said:

I'm glad people are enjoying this remaster. Here's a sample of the one I'm currently working on. It's the 3/20/75 show. I really like the first couple of minutes of this where Bonzo and Jimmy join JPJ after the keyboard solo in No Quarter. Really good stuff.

Looking forward to it!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2023 at 12:35 PM, SteveZ98 said:

I'm glad you're enjoying it. After working on it, I totally reevaluated my opinion of the '75 tour. I think the shows are a lot better than they're generally given credit for, especially the March ones when Jimmy's finger was healed and Robert's voice recovered from his cold. I'm working on the 3/20/75 show now and I'm kind of blown away at how good the performance is, especially once it's remastered and you can hear Bonzo's kick drum and how he and JPJ interact to support Jimmy's solos. It's really amazing to get to hear it like that, and it has given me a much greater appreciation for just how good the band was during this part of the tour.

Interesting perspective Steve - thanks again for this strong work!

• 3 months later...
On 4/22/2023 at 4:30 PM, SteveZ98 said:

I'm glad people are enjoying this remaster. Here's a sample of the one I'm currently working on. It's the 3/20/75 show. I really like the first couple of minutes of this where Bonzo and Jimmy join JPJ after the keyboard solo in No Quarter. Really good stuff.

How is the 3/20/75 show been coming along?

• 2 months later...