Idea for a tour

KaiserSchorsch

I was reading some threads and it sounded like Plant doesnt want to do a reunion tour playing nothing but the same old songs, thinking it is a sellout thing to do. I think that Led Zeppelin should pick up with the US tour they were planning in 1980, play the same setlist (which will basically be the O2 list with 3 ITTOD songs). This would be amazing, and be completely different than sellout tours like the Hell Freezes Over Eagles tour. The gigs could start off with a tribute to John Bonham in order to make things feel right (because kicking off from the point where he died is a bold thing to do). After the tour the reunited band could write new music and perhaps go at it again.

Personally this is my dream scenario, because In Through the Out Door is my favorite album and we all know Page and Plant can still write together (Walking to Clarksdale)

Plant just doesn't want to go on the road and tour for the sake of touring and rake in a ton of loot. He would like them to put out some new material and take those songs as well as the Zeppelin numbers out on the road. Do it in a respectable and credible way.

Plant's career post-Zeppelin has been about pushing into new creative ground for him. He did Unledded because it was new and challenging, for example. And now the Krauss record.

You can also see that he has changed things up on the 02 show - different vocal melodies on Black Dog etc.

Would the thrill of playing with Led Zeppelin again be enough to convince him it is the right thing to do? Or would he feel it is an artistic backwards step - rehashing old songs to relive old glories? Would it signal, in his own mind, if not in the minds of his fans, that he has reached his creative peak and will never produce anything new and worthwhile?

i think this is closer to Plant's thought process...

I was thinking that this would give fans what they want, the tour itself would be different than your everyday tour, and this would give the opportunity for Plant to be even more creative, because I cant think of a single time when Page, Plant, and Jones has created a bad new sound (Yes, Bonzo was a big part of that, I'm not implying that he was not Thor's Hammer itself). If they made a new album for this, I would predict seeing a lot of the Moroccan feel that Plant has done with the Strange Sensation, and I think Page would surprise us.

Archived