Ex-pilot shot down in feud with Page

Cat

Ex-pilot shot down in feud with Page

Chicago Sun-Times - October 19, 1999

A decorated former military pilot met his match when he faced off in court against a neighbor, rock guitarist Jimmy Page. Dudley Burnside, who's retired and lives on a $26,500 military pension, said he may have to sell his home to pay Page more than $40,000 in legal expenses as ordered by a judge last week. Page, a founding member of Led Zeppelin, had refused to remove some trees that Burnside claimed blocked out the light and caused cracks in cement on his property in Windsor,England, the Independent reported Monday. The trees have grown 33 feet high. A court dismissed the claim by the former World War II and Korean War pilot and ordered him to pay Page's legal fees. "I served in bomber command, whose 55,000 casualties are a reminder to the postwar generation, of which Mr. Page belongs, of the cost of the liberties they now enjoy," Burnside said. "I would have hoped he would have thought of that for a moment before he refused our legitimate request to remove his trees."

Im not defendeing Mr. Page here. But when there more then 40,000 in court expenes. It seems like Mr. Burnside was going for blood. I dont remember in my 6 months in the cement bussines ever hearing. "Hey Kid, cut down that tree, we need light." Any way most foundations can be repaired. I have a feeling Mr. Burnside just didnt want trees near his house.

Archived