where to play in US

sambolicious

I am hoping and praying that when Led Zeppelin comes to SF that they decide to play ONE SHOW for 250,000 people at the Polo Fields in Golden Gate Park. It would be EPIC! Plus everyone who wants to go gets to go, they could assemble the biggest, baddest PA (Meyer of course) in the history of Rock and Roll, and the band could make a megaton of money (I have no problem with musicians cashing in as long as they deliver the goods) in one day. Also it seems that really big shows in GGP have a surprisingly minimal impact on the city and its infrastructure. I love big crowds for rock and roll and have always had the greatest time with 100,000 or more of my best friends!

How about Led Zeppelin at The Warfield Theater instead?

i can get in free to the warfield/fillmore but i would rather pay to seem them with 200,000 other people that are into it than 2100 poeple. it,s rock and roll not some lame ass mtv unplugged sensitive artist bs ROCK AND ROLL MEANS TONS OF PEOPLE, LOUD GIANT SPEAKERS, We are talking about Led Zeppelin not Hootie and the Blowfish right?

Led Zeppelin isn't playing anywhere except on your TV when put a DVD in there.

I have it on "good authority" (beside a couple of articles I have read) that they will be announcing their US tour soon, it starts at the end of September or beginning of October. I talked to someone (an ALL ACCESS person) who worked at the show in London and he says they will be touring this year. All I can say is that this person is making plans with this in mind. He has already committed (I assume to the band) to working the tour and is planning his work schedule accordingly.

I have it on "good authority" (beside a couple of articles I have read) that they will be announcing their US tour soon, it starts at the end of September or beginning of October. I talked to someone (an ALL ACCESS person) who worked at the show in London and he says they will be touring this year. All I can say is that this person is making plans with this in mind. He has already committed (I assume to the band) to working the tour and is planning his work schedule accordingly.

Yeah, okay. I'll be believe this pap when a member of the band opens their mouths and confirms it. Until then, it's baseless speculation, rumor and tripe.

Yeah, okay. I'll be believe this pap when a member of the band opens their mouths and confirms it. Until then, it's baseless speculation, rumor and tripe.

Hey I love Zep but they are not my favorite band in the world so as far as tripe goes forgot that. You may be right about it being speculation and rumor but it is definitely not BASELESS The guy I talked with who worked the London show was for real and the article I read (I wish I could remember what trade magazine) was not my imagination (i think it wasn't a dream). Don't look for an announcement any time soon but it will come. I remember reading in the article that the bandmembers were so happy with their performance and the audiences' reaction that a tour will happen. Why else would the person who worked the show make the commitment to go on tour with the band. Of course nothing is etched in stone until after it happens but right now it looks like a go.

Heres a pic of about 60,000 people at the Polo Fields, I couldn't imagine fitting almost 200,000 more in there.

http://stores.musictoday.com/store/product...DD19&sfid=7

But yes, please play SF. :D

nice pic. i have been to the polo fields in 74 for a protest rally to end the war in vietnam/earthday ...250,000 people. i was there for the Bill Graham tribute 300,00 people that show was actually a tight fit and we still had 2 blanket laid out and we were pretty close (100 feet) to the stage, there were even people in the trees at that one, Peter Gabriel/Sinead O'Connor/Ziggy Marley/Stereo MCs...150,000. Most recently was the 40th anniversary of the summer of love (last year) which was held at Speedway Meadow in Goloden Gate Park which is smaller than the Polo Fields...100,000. Apparently you don't have a very vivid imagination because the Polo Fields is HUGE, it was made for POLO dude, that means lots of horses running around it has a field so large you could play at least FOUR simultaneous soccer games with plenty of room left over.

soccer games on it. Take another look at the photo you sent, there are plenty of people but it not even close to crowded. YES SF!!!

Archived