Royal Albert Hall - Jimmy Page's Guitar

zepmaster

Omg. I can't stop listening to the boot. I do have one question. How the heck did he get that sound, that is the fattest sounding guitar I've ever heard. No one could ever sound like he did there. EVH said he sounded like a 2 year old picking up a guitar. But everyone knows EVH sucks.

What amps did he use. I can tell he wasn't using his Marshalls or his WEM's.

Omg. I can't stop listening to the boot. I do have one question. How the heck did he get that sound, that is the fattest sounding guitar I've ever heard. No one could ever sound like he did there. EVH said he sounded like a 2 year old picking up a guitar. But everyone knows EVH sucks.

What amps did he use. I can tell he wasn't using his Marshalls or his WEM's.

First off, EVH does not suck. And Jimmy is a very sloppy player compared to EVH, even though I would much rather listen to Pagey.

Pagey was using custom built Hiwatt heads connected to Marshall cabinets. He had a complicated set up, like two heads going into one cabinet or something like that. He had a foot switch too. (I think I am wrong about the head thing.)

The guitar is Page's usual #1 LP (except for when he switches to the Danelectro or the black LP Custom).

The first reason that the guitar sounds different to how it sounds on, for instance, the TSRTS DVD is that at the RAH the bridge pickup is still an original Gibson PAF humbucker. It sounds a lot fatter than the 70s T-top pickup he replaced it with in 1972.

The next big part of the sound is the amp. To find out more about the custom order Hiwatt Jimmy had, the best place to go is to the Les Paul Forum, & read this thread:

Link

Archived