Got a Few Blu Ray questions

Olipticle

I recently bought a Uk TSRTS blu ray i live in canada i want to know if it will A) work in my Canadian Blue ray player and B) if it got recalled in the uk as well. I also have a candian version blu ray but why was the recall?

Sorry if this is posted somewhere else on the forum. or if its answerd... i was just wondering.

I was even lucky enough to get the black box dvd limited edition TSRTS the one that comes with all the pics and the t shirt. Whats the difference between this version and the blu rays they recalled, Also heard the next launch is going to be in 2010... But im guessing if they release the 02 Concert it would be smart to do it blu ray considering its the new hottest format but if they do that why wait to produce more TSRTS blu rays i hope we dont have to wait to 2010 to see 02 on a solid format.

any input would be great!

nice thanks for the feed back i have keept it sealed still and just keeping it in the collection for now but i just wanted to know, I went on the Warnerbros uk web site and its not even listed in their movie vaults so i think it was recalled out there to.

I'm confused as to what the new version contains as compared to the old new version.

The promo talks about extra footage etc but I can't tell if that's just leftover promo stuff from the old new version recently released on DVD or actually 4 months newer material.

Does anyone get what I'm saying here?

I don't think I'll be buying it. I just don't see the point of Blu-Ray. At some point, I don't think the higher formats will be discernible to the human senses. Perhaps storage is it's only real benefit.

The transfer from VHS to DVD made sense to me, because DVDs keep longer than VHS. Quality, sound, and storage space were better too. But with blu-ray, it's just quality and storage. But the quality is not such a huge difference and the storage is not really a problem. The difference in storage is having one or two discs. Number of discs is probably decided by some PR person anyways lol. Probably has nothing to do with space. "Buy the 22-Disc set of Season 5 of Friends" lol

end rant

I went to the biggest local music store in town last night and they had a new batch of tsrts and they had different bar codes then the ones recalled with a release date of the Feb 28th, So something was in them in guess that wasnt supose to be. Also the uk one i hav e is way different to. But if you check amazon.com its wasnt due to come out again untill 2010.

Archived