magazine slump, the majority shareholders of Guthrie Inc. Harp's

parent company, have decided to declare Chapter 7 bankruptcy

effective next week.

It's been an honor to work with all of you—and I have learned much in

the process. I couldn't have done this magazine without you. Please

let me know if there's anything I can do for you. If you have any

further questions don't hesitate to get in touch with me at this

email address.

Maybe I'll see you in the trenches again someday.

It is my own opinion that the birth of the internet may bring the death of print.

Is there any need to quote the entire post, especially when yours is only the second post in the thread?

That said, I agree somewhat. Though, like digital downloads replacing CDs, I prefer print over reading online.

I have wondered often how even newspapers are really surviving and being able to post anything you can buy in print on the website? I myself use only the internet now, of course therer are coupons and things that you cant get online. But I guess advertizing is what basically saves them. but magazines could be in more trouble then newspapers, yet I still feel the papers have taken some net lossses. And as the older generation that want no part of using PC's gradually fade away the problem will increase. As the younger generation cant live without the damn AOL chats and of course the God almighty cell phones. 20 years from now if not sooner, the magazine and newspaper industry may take a beating unless they come up with other answers I feel. I think they will fight back eventually with increases in cost of internet and getting a piece of the action divided out somehow between the internet server and the seperate agencies. We will see. I suspect there will be court battles down the road over the allotment of the monies. If and when, print takes such a whack they can no longer stand on their own two feet. I could be wrong though. Because places like Barnes and Noble and Borders for instance have a very solid base.

Just amazes me how people post new topics and head off to the misty mountains. Like once they have put out there point of view, they dont have the decency to see the responses. Gee, maybe I should create some new threads? I havent made one in a looooong time. Because I chose not to overload the board. I am at least being consciencious.

Just amazes me how people post new topics and head off to the misty mountains. Like once they have put out there point of view, they dont have the decency to see the responses. Gee, maybe I should create some new threads? I havent made one in a looooong time. Because I chose not to overload the board. I am at least being consciencious.

I think the problem is that we have too, too many topics about alt. country music. This causes people to lose track of postings. Many of them get minimal amount of views. Maybe we should try to combine all of the alt. country topics under one. That would save some bandwidth and confusion.

Archived