The Soft Machine

DoubleNecker

I've recently come to listen to this band and appreciate their virtuosity in music. I have to say that I've fallen in love with this band, and it's a pure shame what happened to Robert Wyatt. Such a talented man doesn't deserve that, but at least he kept going. I love their debut, but to me, their second album is the absolute best, besides Third which is numbing. Fourth is great too, but not as great as it's previous. Any other fans?

got one here, DN :)

i wasnt big on third.... but their first two albums are amazing... the quasi psychadalic/prog/jazz/fusion sound is amazing

great stuff from canterbury and the near forgotten canterbury scene from the 1960's is something more people should know about

great thread, DN

Where'd you go?! About time you popped up. :D Wish you'd comment on the Crimson thread though!

Yeah, Third is great, but it's....too...I don't know, it's a difficult album to listen to. I also agree wholeheartadly with you on the Canterbury scene music. It's too great.

Where'd you go?! About time you popped up. :D Wish you'd comment on the Crimson thread though!

Yeah, Third is great, but it's....too...I don't know, it's a difficult album to listen to. I also agree wholeheartadly with you on the Canterbury scene music. It's too great.

I was fighting a crucade in the next pres thread for a couple of months... so its been busy

i'm waiting till I get larks, bible black and islands before I revive the king crimson thread... so there is something new to talk about

Out of those three, Larks' is the best. An incredible album. But Starless and Bible Black is great as well. Three tracks are live! Islands is more mellow, but good too. Just don't get Earthbound. :P

Wait, this is the Soft Machine thread! :o

Fire Engine Passing With Bells Clanging is so awesome. Avant garde prog/jazz/psych is awesome-o.

Archived