Calling all Techies

tyedye

I have a couple questions and hoping someone can help me.

First, How can one find out if your DVD player plays/burns dual layers?

Do you need a special player to watch DVD's that are dual layers or do they play on a normal DVD player?

Do you need to purchase special DVD's to burn dual layers?

A dual-layer DVD is just that - it has 2 layers of information, rather than the standard 1 layer on CDs, single-layer DVDs etc. This means you can carry almost double the amount of data on the same sized disc.

A dual-layer DVD burner/player has an adjustable focus laser, allowing it to burn/read the 2 separate layers. To play the dual-layer DVD you must have a dual-layer player.

As far as I know, all recent DVD players are able to play dual-layer. You can get a dual-layer burner, but you will need special discs and software.

A dual-layer DVD is just that - it has 2 layers of information, rather than the standard 1 layer on CDs, single-layer DVDs etc. This means you can carry almost double the amount of data on the same sized disc.

A dual-layer DVD burner/player has an adjustable focus laser, allowing it to burn/read the 2 separate layers. To play the dual-layer DVD you must have a dual-layer player.

As far as I know, all recent DVD players are able to play dual-layer. You can get a dual-layer burner, but you will need special discs and software.

Thank you very much Cactus!

Archived