Zoso cover and liner notes drawing

wasnt sure if I should put this in the photos section or not... but here goes...

have always been intrigued and haunted by the cover picture of Zoso with the man and the pile of sticks. Anyone have any info on it?

And also the drawing, painting on the inside liner notes of that main holding a light/lantern and looking down on a village. One of the more stunning pieces of art I have ever seen.

Any info on that one too? Anyone know anything about the origins of these pictures/paintings?

Hi Radiohead. Welcome to the board. Being that you're new, may I direct you to the Led Zeppelin Newbies area down the main forum page from this one? Not trying to be rude or anything. The mods will probably move this thread there as it is basically a newbie question, so at least you'll know where to find it if/when they do.

The picture of the man with sticks is said to have been purchased by Robert in a junk shop in Redding. It's a man at harmony with nature. The picture is hung on the wall of a cottage that's crumbling down. In the distance, when we open the gatefold, the urban sprawl is seen in the background. It's signifying simpler times fading to the encroachment of the modern world. That of course is my impression, but it does reflect some things I've heard quoted from the band.

The inner cover depicts the Hermit of the Tarot atop a mountain. He is the bringer of enlightenment. The youth climbing the mountain is the seeker. It was painted by Barrington Colby.

Archived