Blue light means no more mosquito visits

roblindblad

about 5 years ago I had the white light bulb on my balcony went out. At that moment I couldn't find a white bulb to replace it and found a blue bulb I used for a Halloween party at least 15 years earlier. So I placed the blue light bulb on the balcony light. I haven't had a mosquito visit my balcony since. It could be because they are scared of blue lights with all their friends getting zapped by them or that they can't detect heat when their's blue light either way it works GREAT.!!!

Try it and you won't need to use mosquito repellants on your balconies anymore.

about 5 years ago I had the white light bulb on my balcony went out. At that moment I couldn't find a white bulb to replace it and found a blue bulb I used for a Halloween party at least 15 years earlier. So I placed the blue light bulb on the balcony light. I haven't had a mosquito visit my balcony since. It could be because they are scared of blue lights with all their friends getting zapped by them or that they can't detect heat when their's blue light either way it works GREAT.!!!

THANK YOU! I'm going to try that! <she says while rubbing caladryl lotion over her entire body>

Mosquitos rely mostly on sensing Carbon Monoxide that all animals exhale, as a way of finding the host. Usually, they stay close to the ground and do not stray to elevated areas such as balconies, anyway. I have them in my yard and garden area, but usually don't even find them going over the non-elavated patio area. There do seem to be different types of hunters - some move very slowly, some circle around, and others are rather quick moving. Either way, I'm fortunate in that they don't seem to care for my blood too much. Non-drinkers always seem to be slapping and running for the house, I've noticed?!?!?!

I hope you don't get any visitors expecting to find a brothel of color there.

Mosquitos rely mostly on sensing Carbon Monoxide that all animals exhale, as a way of finding the host. Usually, they stay close to the ground and do not stray to elevated areas such as balconies, anyway. I have them in my yard and garden area, but usually don't even find them going over the non-elavated patio area. There do seem to be different types of hunters - some move very slowly, some circle around, and others are rather quick moving. Either way, I'm fortunate in that they don't seem to care for my blood too much. Non-drinkers always seem to be slapping and running for the house, I've noticed?!?!?!

:o

CO is deadly to humans.

Perhaps, you mean Carbon Dioxide.

Perhaps.

Archived