The Blue Van

LedNoodle

The Blue Van is one of my favorite new bands. They have a sound that is kind of a mashup of The Kinks and The Who. They record it all as a band with almost no overdubs at all, using actual older equitment.

I am bringing them to the masses! So far they have released two albums, and the third is on it's way.

oh, and they're Danish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jBYPp_nbj4...feature=related

and my personal favorite:

http://search.playlist.com/tracks/Have%20L...he%20Blue%20Van

totally underrated, ignored band.

then what would you recommend? when i say "new", i mean "after 2000".

Well seeing as you like music that either is or sound a lot like older music, I'd recommend the White Stripes. The Stripes aren't breaking too many musical boundaries, but they are fantastic songwriting.

If you're feeling more adventurous, I highly recommend Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. It's such an adventurous album that has so many great songs. I think you'd like "I'm The Man Who Loves You", "Jesus Etc.", and "War On War" the most off that album.

I think Kid A by Radiohead is their best album of this decade. I don't know how you'll like it, but it's a very rewarding album.

I really like the newest album by My Morning Jacket. I think it would be the easiest album for you to get into (they're also a great live band). Here's a line from a review that I think you'll relate to:

"You could keep biting your nails, waiting for a Zeppelin reunion tour. Or you can see My Morning Jacket, here and now, make their own Physical Graffiti in your face." – Rolling Stone

Other personal favorites include Oh My God, but they should be seen live before you listen to them, plus it's hard to find their albums.

Let me know if you listen to any of these.

Well seeing as you like music that either is or sound a lot like older music, I'd recommend the White Stripes. The Stripes aren't breaking too many musical boundaries, but they are fantastic songwriting.

If you're feeling more adventurous, I highly recommend Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. It's such an adventurous album that has so many great songs. I think you'd like "I'm The Man Who Loves You", "Jesus Etc.", and "War On War" the most off that album.

I think Kid A by Radiohead is their best album of this decade. I don't know how you'll like it, but it's a very rewarding album.

I really like the newest album by My Morning Jacket. I think it would be the easiest album for you to get into (they're also a great live band). Here's a line from a review that I think you'll relate to:

"You could keep biting your nails, waiting for a Zeppelin reunion tour. Or you can see My Morning Jacket, here and now, make their own Physical Graffiti in your face." – Rolling Stone

Other personal favorites include Oh My God, but they should be seen live before you listen to them, plus it's hard to find their albums.

Let me know if you listen to any of these.

Yes, i know of the White Stripes. Jack's a great guitarist, but i can't seem to stand his voice.

ah, Radiohead. I wouldn't really call them "new". Being a Pink Floyd fan, i see a lot of that kind of stuff in some of their work (OK Computer). I'm not a huge fan of others. Again, rather lacking in the vocals dept.

I saw My Morning Jacket on SNL one night, and I was rather impressed. I'm not a fan yet, but I do consider them higher up on my list of newer music.

That said, I'm a huge fan of The Who and especially The Kinks, which explains why i've become attached to The Blue Van. I love Jet, too, while we're on the topic of newer music. And I still think Wolfmother is (was?) awesome. I'm sick of everything of theirs being called "Sabbath + Zeppelin". There's a lot more to it. Listen to "Tales", or "Vagabond", and you'll see what I mean.

That said, I'm a huge fan of The Who and especially The Kinks, which explains why i've become attached to The Blue Van. I love Jet, too, while we're on the topic of newer music. And I still think Wolfmother is (was?) awesome. I'm sick of everything of theirs being called "Sabbath + Zeppelin". There's a lot more to it. Listen to "Tales", or "Vagabond", and you'll see what I mean.

Eh, I have their album an it's not much more than late 60s blues-rock. It's ok, but I don't go back to it for a reason.

Eh, I have their album an it's not much more than late 60s blues-rock. It's ok, but I don't go back to it for a reason.

Their second album, "Dear Independence", has a more distinct syle than the first. The third one is due out soon, too.

Plus they have a hammond organ, which totally kicks major ass. I love the sound it gives out.

The Blue Van is one of my favorite new bands. They have a sound that is kind of a mashup of The Kinks and The Who. They record it all as a band with almost no overdubs at all, using actual older equitment.

I am bringing them to the masses! So far they have released two albums, and the third is on it's way.

oh, and they're Danish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jBYPp_nbj4...feature=related

t

and my personal favorite:

http://search.playlist.com/tracks/Have%20L...he%20Blue%20Van

totally underrated, ignored band.

I think they should have been called the blue vain! :lol: Not really my taste and I like the Kinks and The Who as well.

Perhaps there will be a black unicorn in the future :lol:

lol. Personally, I like all the songs, but I think the best one is Vagabond. that and Tales, which i really love.

and besides, they only have one album. Led Zeppelin's first album was pretty much full of heavy blues-based songs, too, except for Your Time is gonna Come and Babe Im Gonna Leave You.

lol. Personally, I like all the songs, but I think the best one is Vagabond. that and Tales, which i really love.

White Unicorn suffers from a few problems. One, the lyrics. Just awful. Second, I think Stockdale over-sings it. It was a promising sounding track.

There isn't much to Wolfmother though, at least not on their debut.

White Unicorn suffers from a few problems. One, the lyrics. Just awful. Second, I think Stockdale over-sings it. It was a promising sounding track.

There isn't much to Wolfmother though, at least not on their debut.

Yeah, White Unicorn isn't the best at all, but considering its their debut album...

Archived