glam rock

caroselambra~

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...

Other Glam Rock artists to consider;

Jobriath ... RIP (1947-1983) VERY hard to get albums; he basically gave Birth to Early Glam. Jobriath was the first openly Gay musician signed to a Major Label (Elektra).

Peter Straker ... Friend of Freddie Mercury; his 70’s Albums now available on a 3CD set titled “This One’s On Me” via SFE/Cherry Red UK

Def Leppard “High n’ Dry” album

The Darkness ... UK Band from 2003-Present

Tim Curry’s albums; coming from Musical Theatre (Rocky Horror to be exact) he had the Voice and Frills that combined perfectly to his backing band.

SILVERHEAD ... Michael Des Barres’ 1970’s band.

Caleb Landry Jones ... a Modern selection; Actor/Signer... released an album in 2019 called The Mother Stone with a lot of Glam influences.

Tim Minchin ... 2020 he just released his debut Solo Album which, coming from Musical Theatre, has Glam Undertones

Jake Shears (Scissor Sisters) 2017 debut selftitled album

John Mellencamp’s “John Cougar” era albums... “The Kid Inside”, “A Biography” and “John Cougar”

HEDWIG AND THE ANGRY INCH 1999 Broadway Cast Recording & the 2001 Movie Soundtrack... Perfection!! Watch the movie too.

Iggy Pop’s early music had Glam undertones

David Lee Roth’s solo albums

Brett Smiley “Breathlessly Brett” from 1973/4

SPARKS ... 1970’s albums “Kimono My House”, “Big Beat”, “Indiscreet” and “Propaganda”

uk band SUEDE... their Early albums were heavily influenced by Glam Rock

I am a Massive Glam Fan and, although some of the above are not Exclusively “Glam”, they have heavy influences.

enjoy :-)

Archived